On the prowl. Repsol CBR 1000rr.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If I was to sit on most 600cc bikes, especially ones that are a few years old, I look like a monkey fucking a football...

The new liter bikes are smaller then the old 600s, with that being said, again I know a good bit of people who ride them with zero issues.

sport bikes are small, the idea is to have nothing more then a motor, and tires under you, everything else is for aerodynamics. does it seem weird, sure, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have any issues riding it.

If anything, the bigger you are the easier it would be to reach the grips, smaller guys have to hunch over to reach them.

Fucking hell. No new 2007 repsols exist anywhere in the world. They've all been sold.

Used ones aren't much easier to get.. Well, used that doesn't have a salvage title or stunna parts all over it.

The honda warehouse has one 2007 bike left in it. Its silver. Meh. The 2008's are just fugly. I'm not having a good time looking for this bike.

So, bored folks, find me a clean repsol at a dealership. 2007, 1000rr. I'll love you long time. Or something. Either that or straight black.

Fucking hell. No new 2007 repsols exist anywhere in the world. They've all been sold.

Used ones aren't much easier to get.. Well, used that doesn't have a salvage title or stunna parts all over it.

The honda warehouse has one 2007 bike left in it. Its silver. Meh. The 2008's are just fugly. I'm not having a good time looking for this bike.

So, bored folks, find me a clean repsol at a dealership. 2007, 1000rr. I'll love you long time. Or something. Either that or straight black.

I knew it would be very hard to find.

again, ronayers.com

=)

find a 1000RR with plastic damage and other minor stuff for around 5K and spend $1000-2000 on plastics + tank. you'll have a 6-7K dollar bike.

Emailed phoenix, called a guy in austin with a 2005.. Thanks guys, Gave me a couple of leads! Would appreciate as many as I can get!

FYI black on black RR1000 is the hottest color ever. I wish my GSX-R1000 was black on black.

Yup. Hoping to find one at a dealership though, so I can have it imported somewhat locally. I'm all about going out and grabbing things, but MN or CA, we're talking well over 1000 miles. A new bike, fine. Used, I'd like to see it first, of course.

Lets narrow the search to Texas.

*edit*

PS.. Heading to Austin, probably this weekend, to look at the '05 repsol for $8000. Expensive, but whatever.

That exact setup is the current bike I am lusting after. I got to ride one a week ago and thought I was the baddest mother fucker to ever exist.

You got to ride a 07+ GSX-R1000? did you get into it? best damn feeling in the world having the front come up in 3rd gear at 140mph haha well... more so, it feels great after you slow down and laugh your ass off about what just happened.

no weight + power = FTMFW!

I love my bike.

I rode one a while back on tame settings and it felt like a damn rocket..... a week ago I turned up the wick and rode to the top of my security levels. That bike is fucking wicked.

The fact that the bike has the torque of a cruiser, but revs like a 600 is the most fun I have ever had on two wheels. I drove around town the entire night in 1st or 2nd gear and just pulled the clutch in at stops.... I wanted to see the highway pull and opened it up at about 3k in 3rd..... rolled into it and had the bike start stretching away from me, so I shifted and repositioned myself...... I hammered it once it was in 4th and felt the back of my skull start to peel away.

I want one..... badly.

I rode one a while back on tame settings and it felt like a damn rocket..... a week ago I turned up the wick and rode to the top of my security levels. That bike is fucking wicked.

The fact that the bike has the torque of a cruiser, but revs like a 600 is the most fun I have ever had on two wheels. I drove around town the entire night in 1st or 2nd gear and just pulled the clutch in at stops.... I wanted to see the highway pull and opened it up at about 3k in 3rd..... rolled into it and had the bike start stretching away from me, so I shifted and repositioned myself...... I hammered it once it was in 4th and felt the back of my skull start to peel away.

I want one..... badly.

next time you get on it, run it through 1st and 2nd making a point to hit the red line each time.

you'll laugh and giggle in your helmet like a little giddy school girl.

Keep in mind 4th gear isn't really in its power band till around 150-160
so 4th gear makes for a nice roll around gear, I use 4th and 5th all the time on backroads when I'm riding lazy (meaning no shifting) with 600s, I can easily lead the way yet put pretty much zero effort into the ride. Then if I want to have fun I can knock it down to 2nd or 1st and off I go.

BTW setting C pretty much removes all the torque from the bike. you can do a full throttle run in 1st gear with out any front wheel lift issues. however on A mode... oh what a joy A mode is =)

It has to be the fastest bike I have ever been on, but if you ride it with care it acts like a normal sport bike, just twist the grip a little bit and BAM 120.

Damn that thing was fun.

Still on the hunt. Found the 2007 repsol, been dropped, minor damage, $9500 bucks. In Florida. Would be 11k+ after tax/title/license/shipping, etc.

Sigh.

I wish they hadn't fucked up the looks of the '08 so bad, I'd run down to the local dealership and buy a black/black. Its just too fugly. I even tried staring at it for a long time, just to see if it'd grow on me. The more I looked, the less I liked it. the 2009 comes out in september.. I wonder..

It has to be the fastest bike I have ever been on, but if you ride it with care it acts like a normal sport bike, just twist the grip a little bit and BAM 120.

Damn that thing was fun.

Only problem is you twist the grip wrong and the back tire will spin up or the front will pop up on you.

fun times!

CBR1000RR_Black_Metallic_Gray.jpg

Flawless, no dings, no scratches, no water spots. 2000 miles on the clock. 2007 1000rr, $8400. I think I'mma pounce..

CBR1000RR_Black_Metallic_Gray.jpg

Flawless, no dings, no scratches, no water spots. 2000 miles on the clock. 2007 1000rr, $8400. I think I'mma pounce..

Do it! I came close to buying that same color/year bike, but couldn't get over the lack of top end power. over all its a great bike, even more so for normal street riding.

Back