One Bad Thing After Another

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
man im getting pissed, ok heres whats wrong now. when im in 1st and 2nd gear, and i get on the throttle any harder than a grandma would, there is this rubbing noise kinda like the sound a tire rubbing the wheel well would make. i am stumped cause it only in those gears and 3, 4, 5 are all fine. further more i thought it might be the wheel rubbing, but its not, i checked and the wheel has good clearance all the way around. any ideas?

ok let me clear something up, its not just 1st and second gear, its at around the 20 mph range and when i give it a good amount of throttle. can someone please give me any insight on what might be happening. it just doesnt sound good. if it helps, it started happening after i attempted to replace my mounts. i put everything back the way it was though. someone please help.

no vibrations, just a kinda grinding sound, yes only under signifigant accelation

I know one time my caliper went bad and caused it to keep the brake engaged and therefore made a rubbing noise.

Hoe about oil in the tranny its not low is it? That about all the things i could think of?

possibly, but i know that i tighten them down good, and torqued them down. but how would that explain that it only happens in 1st and 2nd? i can be cruisin at like 60 and drop it to 3rd, i know the motors gotta torque when you do that, but nothing happens then......

just a hunch... check the exhaust system. it could be a loose/vibrating piece of pipe or something like that. it could be just loose enough to make noise when u punch it around 20mph, but not so loose that it makes noise in other gears or rpms.

It could be a rattle from the exhaust heat shield... do you have a stock exhaust? If so, check the heat shield near the shift linkage area (I had this problem on my old civic... sounded like rubbing and only at lower speed/rpm)

i checked the exhaust. its all good, but i noticed that the underside of my tranny was wet, and it kinda looked like oil, if it has lost some oil, do you think low oil could cause this?

Probably a wheel bearing. The noise can range from a low pitched groaning to a nasty grinding.

Back