One badass off road vehicle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jason Johnson of West Bank, British Columbia, Canada has built up a disturbing combination of technology and brute forse with his'94 Suburban. Powered by a 5.9L 24-valve Cummins twin-turbo diesel, this rig is, by leaps and bounds, the all-time Top Truk Challenge horsepower champ, with readings seemingly from another planet. We're talking about 1,022 rear-wheel horsepower and 3,400 lb-ft of torque-those the numbers Johnson claims this beast is capable of. It's fed by a modified 12-valve Bosch mechanical fuel pump and a pair of Holset turbos, one of which huffs into the other. Worried by countless failures of automatic transmissions, Jason opted to run a manual tranny for TTC. For this an NV5600 with billet input and output shafts was chosen, but first the torque flows through an Entreprise triple-disc clutch. An NV241 HD transfer case with a billet output shaft splits the power. For axles, a Dana 60 is up front and a Dana 80 resides out back (both were sourced from a Dodge Ram Dualie). Bother feature Detroit lockers, 4.10:1 gears, 35-spline shafts and Big Yoke kits. Spinning 44-inch Boggers on steel wheels is no problem. Custom four-link airbag suspension systems are in place front and rear. An electric compressor facilitates the ride height, which has 18 inches of adjustment at each corner. Rancho RS 5000 shocks complete the suspension and a custom crossover steering system helps keep Johnson's giant pointed in the right direction.

cliffnotes:

5.9L Cummins cranking out 1,022WHP and 3,400 lb-ft of torque

Dana 60 up front Dana 80 out back

5 speed manual (NV 5600)

44" Boggers

http://theplat.vo.llnwd.net/o1/PIRT_-_CMMG...truck_04_lg.mov

did that video say at the end "we got it stuck" or something? nevertheless 44 inch tires are BAD FUCKING ASS, biggest ive ever seen/experienced were 36's on a bronco

damn i saw that video 4 mounths ago i keep forgeting you guy ride on 15 inch wheels and 17 are getting up there. 44 is not a big tire for the top truck chal this year guys will be running 49-52 (they run the biggest dot tire ). There needs to be a honda swap meet up here in may ill get the trucks out and well go wheeling. i bet 80% will be hooked at start build a truck to match your car

Both them things are fuckin nuts, and look fun as hell. I like seeing video like that, any one got any more ? Anything of hummers?

you won't see a video of a hummer. they are way to pricey for 95% of guys that wheel and even when you get one they won't fit 38's

I was talking trail footage and stuff, but i love hummers.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 7 2004, 04:53 PM
damn i saw that video 4 mounths ago i keep forgeting you guy ride on 15 inch wheels and 17 are getting up there. 44 is not a big tire for the top truck chal this year guys will be running 49-52 (they run the biggest dot tire ). There needs to be a honda swap meet up here in may ill get the trucks out and well go wheeling. i bet 80% will be hooked at start build a truck to match your car
[post=427804]Quoted post[/post]​

i already want to build one, i love wheelin in the mud (muddin, as its called up here). its so addicting, almost more than going fast around corners.... :ph34r:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 7 2004, 04:44 PM
i already want to build one, i love wheelin in the mud (muddin, as its called up here). its so addicting, almost more than going fast around corners.... :ph34r:
[post=427910]Quoted post[/post]​

It's called mudding down here in Texas too. :)

Originally posted by UDT@Dec 7 2004, 04:12 PM
I was talking trail footage and stuff, but i love hummers.
[post=427825]Quoted post[/post]​

Well somewhere there is that video of the h2 trying to go off roading over a 12" rock and breaking a tie rod.. its SOOO FUNNNY.

its called mudding everywhere trying to find some of the hummer vids i have (100 gb of videos so it may take a day or two)

Back