One Expensive Ass Computer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cjvictoria

this is with all options/upgrades possible from the mfg..

Reactor Extreme

Reactor Extreme
Total configuration
$20161.00Subtotal
1216.png

Estimated Ship Date: 03/22/2009

• Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
  • 4GB—2 2GB DDR3 modules
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
  • 3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280s in SLI
  • 2 650W power supplies
  • 3 Samsung 64GB SSDs in RAID 0
  • 2 300GB VelociRaptors in RAID 1
  • Sony Blu-ray reader
  • Vista Ultimate 64-bit
  • 802.11a/b/g/n wireless adapter
  • 3-year extended warranty
  • Samsung 305T 30" LCD (6)
  • Logitech G11 (keyboard)
  • Logitech G9
  • Creative GigaWorks G550W 5.1
  • Creative Aurvana Live! (headphones)
  • AVG Anti-Virus 1-year

Last edited:
hmmm.... i selected the keyboard and h/p but it didnt show up on that list for some reason... now fixed

Last edited:
i dont see anything on that list that is totally spectacular..
or really any kind of spectacular for that matter.

The superiority is in the case.

COOLING SYSTEM

Cooling technology:
Patented Total Liquid Submersion cooling

Tank:
Aerospace-grade engineered plastic

Coolant:
Synthetic-engineered Core Coolant

Pump:
Laing, high-GPM circulating style

Blower:
Ultra-quiet, high capacity capable of 250CFM

Heatsinks:
Thin-fin skived copper

Cooling control:
BIOS- and OS-settable cooling variables

basically it's submerged in non-conducting liquid to keep it ultra cool.

Last edited:
i can see that.
i know cooling is important, but on a $20k computer, it should have some very good hardware to be cooled by the very good cooling system.

Nothing special performance/hardware wise(nothing you can't get and put together yourself). It's just pricey components(IIRC, the CPU is about $1000-$1500 itself)...although the case and concept is pretty cool, but to me, it's just not worth it.

To me, that's a down payment on a car or house:D

Yeah I want to spend 20 grand on a computer to only wait few months for it to be out of date. If I am spending 20 grand on a computer it better be the best computer you can possible buy.

LOL what an incredible rep-off! It doesnt even feature a Core i7 processor or even a X58 chipset. Those parts are already outdated except the card, but for that money you should be getting the GTX295. And about submersion, i am willing to bet that is non conductive oil. if you look at tomshardware, they have done something like this a while back and the temps it provided was not extreme, matching a good air cool setup at best. The only thing that needs to be cooled is the cpu, gpu and chipset (if overclocking) and maybe ever hardly ram.

For 20k you can get a Core i7, 4 GTX295 (2 cards stacked = 8 gpus), at least 12gb of tri-channel ram, intel ssd in raid 0, and list can go on and be phased cooled on top of it.

total submersion is so old we did it back in 02 in college with baby oil and it was old then o difftence was we had to make our own case it was all plexi and i looked like the computer was under water

If I had 20 g's laying under my bed, I for damn sure would not spend it on a computer. I would go get an EVO X. Well... half of one... but with super low payments...

If I had 20 g's laying under my bed, I for damn sure would not spend it on a computer. I would go get an EVO X. Well... half of one... but with super low payments...
Yeah I would to I just wouldn't spend all 20 g's on a computer.

Back