One more try

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Incredib1e

Ok now that I have my money back, I'm going to buy this 99 Ls with a GSR tranny with ITR flywheel and ITR LSD, has 4x,xxxx miles not really sure. Comes with DC header, cams, everything I need to just drop this thing into my hatch and get it started.

My only question is for anyone who has bought something off of the internet like this. I found the ad on Hondaclassifieds.com and the guy called me back. He lives in VA and I am in NJ. What information should I get from this guy to make sure he doesn't rip me off. I all ready have him faxing me the papers and a warranty, he said he'll warranty it for 45 days and long and I don't change anything, ya know basic stuff. What else should I ask from him? :sleep: I'm sleeping on this one, someone help me out.

drive out there and pick it up

youll save on shipping charges and youll be able to look at it before you throw your money down

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 27 2004, 07:52 AM
drive out there and pick it up

youll save on shipping charges and youll be able to look at it before you throw your money down

Hell ya. I see a lot of people risk thousands of dollars on internet motors, and even have seen a couple times that reputible place have "skimped" on quality. I would drive out there, make it a weekend. Its not like he's in Cali.

yeah man, it's definitely worth the cost of gas- the peace of mind of knowing exactly what you're getting before you send all that money would certainly make me feel a lot better-

Yea thats a good idea, I'm gonna go out there as soon as I can Its only 3 hours. I was thinkin 8 or 9, but 3 is nothing

Originally posted by illmatik@Jan 27 2004, 03:25 PM
its not 3 Hours from NJ to VA your crazy lol unless your goin 100+ the whole way

depends on where in NJ and where in VA. took me like 4 hours from baltimore to NJ to get my car, but i had to drive all the way to Rockaway, NJ. thats almost to NY. i think if he is near deleware and the guy in VA is near the boarder of MD then he can make it in 3 hours

yeah i agree- it that's what mapquest or whatever says than it's prolly pretty close- they've always been pretty accurate for me- and btw- rockaway Nj is about 30 minutes from my house- should have called me we could have a miny hondaswap meet- lol

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Jan 27 2004, 04:14 PM
yeah i agree- it that's what mapquest or whatever says than it's prolly pretty close- they've always been pretty accurate for me- and btw- rockaway Nj is about 30 minutes from my house- should have called me we could have a miny hondaswap meet- lol

haha that was over a year ago before i even knew about HS. lol

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Jan 27 2004, 03:49 PM-->
@Jan 27 2004, 03:25 PM
its not 3 Hours from NJ to VA your crazy lol unless your goin 100+ the whole way

depends on where in NJ and where in VA. took me like 4 hours from baltimore to NJ to get my car, but i had to drive all the way to Rockaway, NJ. thats almost to NY. i think if he is near deleware and the guy in VA is near the boarder of MD then he can make it in 3 hours

LOL I live 10 mins from Rockaway :ph34r:

and its 45-60 mins from the holland tunnel or so

yea why would I make up something like that? I live in central new jersey. Around New Brunswick, and the guy lives in northern VA. Also mapquest is based on going the speed limit and whoever does the speed limit, ha just kiddin.

I just need to rent a pick up so I can pick it up. Probably gonna have someone drive me down there and I'll rent something down there keep my costs down.

really Rockaway is 45-60 mins from the Holland? I've made it in like 30 from where I live.

i live like 45 mins from rockaway, dude when I drove from milford to Florida it took us a good 6 hours to get to Va about 4-5 when I went by myself without stopping (made it to florida in 18 hours) , When I drove from NYC to Virginia beach it took like 8 hours.

Fuck it though, its worth the ride..bring the girl, bring a friend or 2 and just have a nice little weekend down in Va.

fck a weekend I wanna do this in one day. It depends on the traffic and what time you leave. I mean I made it to Augusta Georgia from where I live in 9 1/2 hours
Mapquest said 12

You gotta remember too its freezing everywhere in the US right now. No place to go to have a nice weekend cept maybe San Diego haha

My main concern isn't really the length of the ride, I can deal with the time its just finding something to haul this motor home in. I don't own a pickup truck

be careful.....noyanusa have a very good rep. i can give you a # for a friend in gettysburg that has a real low mileage gsr swap...for around 3,000.00 email me.
bussandmo@comcast.net

yea thats a little more then I have right now. The kid all ready agreed that its a legit swap has papers, and he'll give me a 60 day warranty as long as I don't take it apart.

Back