1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more try

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Incredib1e, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

Ok now that I have my money back, I'm going to buy this 99 Ls with a GSR tranny with ITR flywheel and ITR LSD, has 4x,xxxx miles not really sure. Comes with DC header, cams, everything I need to just drop this thing into my hatch and get it started.

My only question is for anyone who has bought something off of the internet like this. I found the ad on Hondaclassifieds.com and the guy called me back. He lives in VA and I am in NJ. What information should I get from this guy to make sure he doesn't rip me off. I all ready have him faxing me the papers and a warranty, he said he'll warranty it for 45 days and long and I don't change anything, ya know basic stuff. What else should I ask from him? :sleep: I'm sleeping on this one, someone help me out.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

drive out there and pick it up

youll save on shipping charges and youll be able to look at it before you throw your money down

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Hell ya. I see a lot of people risk thousands of dollars on internet motors, and even have seen a couple times that reputible place have "skimped" on quality. I would drive out there, make it a weekend. Its not like he's in Cali.

4. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

yeah man, it's definitely worth the cost of gas- the peace of mind of knowing exactly what you're getting before you send all that money would certainly make me feel a lot better-

5. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

Yea thats a good idea, I'm gonna go out there as soon as I can Its only 3 hours. I was thinkin 8 or 9, but 3 is nothing

6. illmatik

illmatik Senior Member

its not 3 Hours from NJ to VA your crazy lol unless your goin 100+ the whole way

7. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

depends on where in NJ and where in VA. took me like 4 hours from baltimore to NJ to get my car, but i had to drive all the way to Rockaway, NJ. thats almost to NY. i think if he is near deleware and the guy in VA is near the boarder of MD then he can make it in 3 hours

8. Slammed90Lude

yeah i agree- it that's what mapquest or whatever says than it's prolly pretty close- they've always been pretty accurate for me- and btw- rockaway Nj is about 30 minutes from my house- should have called me we could have a miny hondaswap meet- lol

9. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

haha that was over a year ago before i even knew about HS. lol

10. Slammed90Lude

11. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

LOL I live 10 mins from Rockaway :ph34r:

and its 45-60 mins from the holland tunnel or so

12. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

yea why would I make up something like that? I live in central new jersey. Around New Brunswick, and the guy lives in northern VA. Also mapquest is based on going the speed limit and whoever does the speed limit, ha just kiddin.

I just need to rent a pick up so I can pick it up. Probably gonna have someone drive me down there and I'll rent something down there keep my costs down.

13. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

really Rockaway is 45-60 mins from the Holland? I've made it in like 30 from where I live.

14. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

i live like 45 mins from rockaway, dude when I drove from milford to Florida it took us a good 6 hours to get to Va about 4-5 when I went by myself without stopping (made it to florida in 18 hours) , When I drove from NYC to Virginia beach it took like 8 hours.

Fuck it though, its worth the ride..bring the girl, bring a friend or 2 and just have a nice little weekend down in Va.

15. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

fck a weekend I wanna do this in one day. It depends on the traffic and what time you leave. I mean I made it to Augusta Georgia from where I live in 9 1/2 hours
    Mapquest said 12

16. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

You gotta remember too its freezing everywhere in the US right now. No place to go to have a nice weekend cept maybe San Diego haha

My main concern isn't really the length of the ride, I can deal with the time its just finding something to haul this motor home in. I don't own a pickup truck

17. bustah49

bustah49 Junior Member

would you be talking about noyanusa or noyan motors by any chance?

18. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

Na I'm jut buying it from some kid whose selling it. Not a company.

19. bustah49

bustah49 Junior Member

be careful.....noyanusa have a very good rep. i can give you a # for a friend in gettysburg that has a real low mileage gsr swap...for around 3,000.00 email me.
    bussandmo@comcast.net

20. Incredib1e

Incredib1e Senior Member

yea thats a little more then I have right now. The kid all ready agreed that its a legit swap has papers, and he'll give me a 60 day warranty as long as I don't take it apart.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted