one nation under god

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
good I'm glad the court dismissed it. why change a something that's a part of our history just cause some guy doesn't want his daughter saying it? no one is making her say it, tell her to just shut her mouth when it comes to the part he doesn't want her to say

“I may be the best father in the world,” Newdow said shortly after the ruling was announced. “She spends 10 days a month with me. The suggestion that I don’t have sufficient custody is just incredible. This is such a blow for parental rights.”

This guy is such a dick...Tony, you live in CA. Go fuck him up. Last time I checked, 10/30, or 10/31 is not the majority. This idiot needs to shut up, and quit being such a liberal pussy.

Hardcore atheist fanatics are every bit as bad as hardcore religious fanatics. They both are trying to force their beliefs on others.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jun 14 2004, 10:27 AM
good I'm glad the court dismissed it. why change a something that's a part of our history just cause some guy doesn't want his daughter saying it? no one is making her say it, tell her to just shut her mouth when it comes to the part he doesn't want her to say

You might want to check your facts there, the phrase "Under God" was added in 1954.

I am not sure what school you went to but we were not allowed to skip any part of the pledge where I went to elementary school.

Yeah, this guy is being a dick using his daughter to push his own agenda but I personally don't think that "under god" belongs in the pledge. It wasn't there to begin with and was only added to seperate us from Communist Russia.

at my school you didnt have to say the pledge if it was any way offensive to you

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 14 2004, 02:36 PM

Yeah, this guy is being a dick using his daughter to push his own agenda but I personally don't think that "under god" belongs in the pledge. It wasn't there to begin with and was only added to seperate us from Communist Russia.

:nod: i think it totally violates separation of church and state.

im atheist because I choose this. I do not get up and be like "YOU CANT SAY THAT" blah blah blah. I see it as they are just waisting their time because this shit dont exist. I just dont like when a president(leader) Is installed and then changes all this shit and starts wars cause of his/hers belief. Bottom line is RELIGION CAUSES WAR!

Top 5 reasons to start a war (acorrding to "Lead a Country to hell for Dummies")

5 leaders wife got fuck by another leader
4 Economy dropping
3 Boardom
2 Invasion
1 RELIGION

Someone thats not retarded need to bring a case so that we can get that clause out of the pledge of allegance. I never said it in school because I objected, but I just kept it to myself. I hate all this "America is a nation under god" shit. For some people it might be...but for others ITS NOT. The word "God" does not belong in anything relating to the government. Not on money, not in speaches, and definatly not in the Pledge of Allegance.

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jun 14 2004, 01:25 PM
im atheist because I choose this.

Are you sure about that? I see atheism as bad of a thing as major religion. The religoius people go around saying 'THERE IS A GOD, AND YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT.' The athiests go around saying 'THERE ISN'T A GOD, AND YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT.'

The agnostic suspends judgement one way or the other; there's inconclusive evidence in their mind to know either way. He can't push his beliefs on others, because he dosen't HAVE a belief. There may be a god, there may not be. We don't know, or are incapable of knowing.

That's the one I lean toward. :D

bah call it what u may. Im a scientific mind. If there is a god who cares if there isnt a god who cares!

Originally posted by Havok@Jun 14 2004, 11:29 AM
“I may be the best father in the world,” Newdow said shortly after the ruling was announced. “She spends 10 days a month with me. The suggestion that I don’t have sufficient custody is just incredible. This is such a blow for parental rights.”

This guy is such a dick...Tony, you live in CA. Go fuck him up. Last time I checked, 10/30, or 10/31 is not the majority. This idiot needs to shut up, and quit being such a liberal pussy.

Holy shit.... :withstupid:

:werd:

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 14 2004, 11:36 AM
You might want to check your facts there, the phrase "Under God" was added in 1954.

I am not sure what school you went to but we were not allowed to skip any part of the pledge where I went to elementary school.

Ok, is that or is that not still part of American history? 50 years ago is still history.

What school did you go to that forced you to say it? At my elementry you didn't have to say 1 word of it if you didn't want to.

This guy is obviously just some jackass who wants his 15 minutes in the spot light, to make such a big deal over it and use his daughter as an excuse is retarded. He needs to shut up and let his daughter speak for herself.

There is too much to respond to here.

If you're an atheist and it turns out you're right but you live a life based on Christian morals and precepts, who is going to suffer while you're alive?

But what if just maybe you're wrong and live a life of moral relativity and tolerance of everyone except the intolerant. Can you afford to be wrong for eternity?

maybe they should change it to:

One nation, under Canada, above Mexico.

:unsure:

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si+Jun 14 2004, 04:38 PM-->
@Jun 14 2004, 11:36 AM

Ok, is that or is that not still part of American history? 50 years ago is still history.

What school did you go to that forced you to say it? At my elementry you didn't have to say 1 word of it if you didn't want to.

This guy is obviously just some jackass who wants his 15 minutes in the spot light, to make such a big deal over it and use his daughter as an excuse is retarded. He needs to shut up and let his daughter speak for herself.

The point was,in case you missed it, that "under god" was not in the original pledge. So why does it need to stay there? Quite honestly I think that any contribution made by McCarthy and his cronies ought to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back