One of my good friends just bought this...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
I grew up with the kid, he's in Berkley, CA now...just emailed me and told he bought this:

67 Mini

ebay%5C67van5.jpg

67van6.jpg

m4d t1t3 jAy-De3-eMm RhD y0
67van7.jpg

He also asked me if I could source him a B-series swap, he wants this:

mmvt0100b.jpg

"This sub-frame is designed to mount a Honda B-series VTEC engine in a standard length, round nose Mini. The design allows fitment without extending the nose, cutting the external sheet-metal or boxing the firewall. The sub-frame mounts to standard mounting locations on the Mini, fitting both early and late model bodies."

:)

he said its a turd from a dead stop...That subframe is $1800

I told him to look into a GSXR/busa swap and sent him a link to the Z cars website :)

side note: he's 6'4 (a mere inch shorter than me)...he wants me to fly out so we can ride around and look like assholes in that thing

That is stunning, seriously. That's a $12,000 car at least.

side note: he's 6'4 (a mere inch shorter than me)...he wants me to fly out so we can ride around and look like assholes in that thing

holy chit, you;'re 6,5?
god damn...

sounds like a cool friend though...

Quoted post[/post]]

holy chit, you;'re 6,5?
god damn...

sounds like a cool friend though...

Yeah, I'm a biggun'

I guess the Mini-van's aren't too common...I know (and so does he) that if he kept it stock and hung onto it for a while, it'd worth some decent $$

but also, like me, he can't leave anything alone

thats pretty cool, i couldnt see myself driving one, but would be fun lol

Actually...find out what bolt pattern is on the rims...Celerity has a set of MG mini-lights that might fit it...and I'm sure if you buddy offers enough...Cel might sell....... :p

I have a set of the old Miata wheels he wants to "test fit" when he's home in June

That purple van is pissah

MG and Miata wheels are completely different bolt patterns....

Tell him to just buy a civic to do the swap to...and save a mint classic for what it is.

The money he would spend for the frame contraption would easilly buy a suitable shell with decent mods to start with.... and store or slightly pimp out the classic with the proper mods and get 10 fold back from what he prolly put into it....if not more.

I regret doing what I did to my Z...but it was already modded to far to even be a classic anymore....and now blown up too many times...to where I have to dump more into it make it stronger and meaner to keep up with times.

I have a set of ultralites for that car. They look like panasports, they are in 13" (I think, if not then 14") If he's interested, drop me a line and I'll get more info about them.

he should do it up like an old panel wagon and do it rat rod style. that would look sic. oh and have the B-sereies engine it along with it being rat rod style. that would be sic

I unno if I would touch that

probably restore or repair what little bit I could and sell the thing... I would be scared to work on it

Back