One of the Sexiest EF's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

place mounts or ebay special in a car that makes power??????? lets just say keep a welder and spare axles handy........

Quoted post[/post]]
did anyone else notice the missing motor mt bolt??

Haha, ya the bolt was only out for a couple days. You wouldnt believe at the meet, how many people were like "Woah dude youre missing a motor mount bolt!".

Quoted post[/post]]
place mounts or ebay special in a car that makes power??????? lets just say keep a welder and spare axles handy........

So far, so good on the mounts. In the past four years they have taken a fair share of beating. haha :thumbsup: We have the welder locked and loaded with a full tank of gas just in case. The car also has race axles, instead of the stockers, I already learned my lesson on that one. :blink:

Quoted post[/post]]
shows you what a lot of money can do.

Like Cory touched on, in a later post. I bought this car for $500 from a friend, more then four years ago now. It was sitting in a field with over 75 hail dents in just the roof alone! The color was rust with a hint of baby blue left on her, haha. Anyways the car didnt start, and there was no battery in it, if it did. So a couple buddies and myself towed it across town, with the only brakes, being the E-brake. Finally we get it back to the garage and notice the compression is just shot..80s in 3 cylinders and 0 in cylinder 3. So it sat for a couple months and finally decided I had enough to get a LS swap. Did the LS swap and had a B16 trans laying around from a b16 I ended up using the head off of. So with a couple junkyard parts I got from friends, who didnt want or need the parts. I had a ghetto made:header,intake and exhaust, all done on the cheap. I ended up pulling a 14.7 out of the car, which by this time was primered for the most part. About two years ago I had a friends buddy do the paint in his garage for me. I honestly didnt think the body could ever be savaged. He did miracles, and for dirt cheap. Paint was done; next big step was to tackle the new motor setup. Which was suppose to go into my Del Sol project I started getting parts for when I was 18 (Im 23 now). I ended up breaking in the built motor just N/A, instead of under boost. Which we first planned to do with the motor. Over the last 5 to 6 months my buddy Chris Kelley and I worked on getting this car to where it is now. His welding skills and ideas are what brought a lot of this car together. Thats the cliff note version of this project. Believe me; it had nothing to do with money, at all. I just knew a lot of people that were willing to help me out for free or for a good price. My friends and people around me know how much cars mean to me, and specially this one. Ive lost two serious relationships during the building of this car and its motor, and that didn’t faze me, as much as if something didnt go right on the car. I would lose sleep, for days over something, until it was figured out. If something wasn’t going right with getting the car done. I heard from both girls, “You care more about your cars, then you care about me.” I guess so, because I still have the car and not them. Haha

Thank you everyone for the positive and negative feedback.

awsome car man. i working on a crx myself and from the it will look very simular in the engine compartment. but GET RID OF THE AZENIS!!

Quoted post[/post]]
awsome car man. i working on a crx myself and from the it will look very simular in the engine compartment. but GET RID OF THE AZENIS!!

You gotta post some pictures, when youre done with the CRX man. CRX's are still one of my favorite cars.

I know haha I guess I dont see why all the hype over the the Azenis. Great for a road race tire, but for the street, I wasnt pleased with the traction.

mine is tunring into a 4yr project too. but i hope it come together over the winter. block is assembled and suspension is almost 100% rebuilt. but enough of mine, post some numbers and part of your setup :p

Quoted post[/post]]
My friend already posted in this topic and he knows yall dig it..

But if anyone is hinting he is spoiled or just has money to throw away. You are wrong. I have seen this car start from the begining as a Basic LS swap in a Baby Blue Hatch. It has been a 4 year project for him and he has worked very hard at it.

He deserves all the props in the world for doing it right.

i def wasnt implying anything, i just was talking about how it does take some disposible income to do that type of shit right like he did... and it looks sick... and damn right when i get out of college and start making some real money ill have a few expensive projects

so keep up the good work i wasnt tryin to knock it at all or imply he was rich/spoiled/ or what not because we all know the real rich kids have their daddies buy them supras or M3's or fully built 300zx tt's and such

I hear that man..

Usually ya don't hear "My daddy is rich he is going to buy me a Cool 1989 Civic"..

:)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]] There is a long story behind that valve cover

:werd:

You mean like this Kind of Long Story?..

IMG_9754.sized.jpg

yo id never let a chick posing for a pic put her foot on my car or another sitting there.

but nice car keep us posted

edit: well i looked at the pic again and who ever she is lookin prob has/had a nice money shot so i guess it would be ok

I don't know man, I think you should have left it baby blue with the severely shattered winshield, screaming brakebooster, exhaust that blew smokerings and oooooga horn! It was sexier when we called it the "dirty snatchback"

Quoted post[/post]]
I don't know man, I think you should have left it baby blue with the severely shattered winshield, screaming brakebooster, exhaust that blew smokerings and oooooga horn! It was sexier when we called it the "dirty snatchback"
wow.. this thread has grey hair..

First time I've seen this thread. :shrug2: Now I wanna see the hatch, so I can understand! I need teh p1x0r5!!!

Back