One Plug Too Many

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I finally got the engine into the car today. I have to pull the tranny again, but that is a different story. My question is I have one plug on the wiring harness too many. Where does it go? It is a 4 wire grey plug that is on the strand that goes to the alternator. The lead is long enough to plug into anything on the back side of the engine. There is nothing back there that takes a plug like that. Does the fast idle valve from a 93 Integra LS have any electronics?

interesting, which harness are you using? does everything seem to be plugged in on the engine? are you using a manual (ie: helms)?

Don't let anyone tell you there is no such thing as a stupid question. This is proof, it's a stupid question brought on by drunkeness. Here goes a long story explaining the drunken state and why it was a stupid wuestion. After I got the engine in place I started attaching the cables again. I got to the clutch cable and the clutch release lever had no tension. Best case is that the return spring on the throwout bearing came off, worst case is the tabs on the throwout bearing are broken. Anyway I found that I need to pull the goddamn tranny out. One more day that I am not driving this car. :angry: So I plugged everything that I could back in and I decided to quit. I noticed the extra plug on the back side harness. So I thought on it as I proceded to drink a couple beers and brood about having to pull my tranny this weekend. I made dinner and shared a bottle of wine with my girlfriend with dinner. By this point I am pretty sloshed and I decide to post my question here. This morning I wake up slightly hung over and make my way to class at 8. Half way through my Discrete Math Class I realize that the only 4 wire plug on the back side of an OBD1 engine is the O2 sensor. Boy do I feel stupid. The secondary to my exhaust manifold is sitting on the ground in front of the car waiting to go on. Bolted to it is the O2 sensor. So I get to feel like a moron on top of being hungover. Today is going to be good. :thumbsup:

Nice job!! When you called me last night, the thought of the O2 sensor popped into my mind, but I was hung up on where it would plug into the ENGINE. Guess the drunk shoudn't be calling the drunk for answers to car questions. :) :woo:

B16, I am using the harness that came with the car + wires for VTEC and a knock sensor. I am using a Helms, but the O2 sensor plug is not on the schematic for the back of the engine. Yeah, everything else was plugged in fine.

Pills, yeah I have an IAC valve, but it is a 2 wire plug and it was plugged in.

Chris, this is a perfect example for why I leave the beer consumption until after the job is finished.

haha, thats pretty funny... at least you figured it out :p

Back