One Surprise After Another.... HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sooner_born

OK so first.... have 94 EX coupe, first engine worn to NOTHING... over 200K miles. Had a new one installed and the car sat at my parents home for a WHILE. So I am getting back to it now because I dont want to take my nicer car to a tropical micronesian island that is washed over by typhoons once every 5 years, and the civic has a blown headgasket. Never ran hot but it was not pure antifreeze in the engine and it may have frozen, thawed and destroyed the gasket. Either way it needs to be replaced. So which head gaskets do you use???

what year civic. what engine?

if you just go to an auto parts store, they will ask the same questions, and give you the right gasket.

if the water in the block was frozen then there maybe more damage then just a head gasket, make sure the block didnt crack anywhere.

use whatever oem headgasket is required for your engine code, ask a honda dealer if you're not sure.

Yeah, just ask the parts store. I think I got the whole kit with head gasket and o-rings and all that fun stuff for about $126.00. Don't remember if I used everything though....

Back