Oneplus One phone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
anybody have any invites for this phone? or know anyone that does?

"and the Android-based CyanogenMod operating system isn't very stable at the moment."

I disagree... I've been running 4.2.2 hacked with Cmod on my s2 for over 2 years now without any real bugs that I've noticed.

the price tag is nice, no contract for $299.

" The 3,100mAh battery isn't removable"

that's pretty big though... almost double the mAh I have now. I don't see why you'd need to remove it.

oh wait, yeah I do.... sometimes it's the only way to reboot the thing when an app dies.

I think that's the only thing that might be a deal breaker unless they have some other way to reboot that actually works when the software is hosed.

proc/ram look great

has 17 and 4 lte, which is AT&T, so 4g is fine for me... my s2 is not 4g capable and I still have no issues with bandwidth.

if you get it, I want to hear about it

i've had android for a good number of years now, and not once have i ever had to remove the battery for anything. granted, im not a complete heavy user of a lot of apps, but its just never happened. only reason i want to remove the battery is to replace with a bigger one. my current upgraded battery is 1900mah. which does a good amount for me, older phone with a smaller screen, but it lasts well over a day with regular use.

and the 64gb version is $350. i have a 32gb sd card in the current phone and am nowhere near capacity on it.
ive always been of the mindset of wanting a removable battery and memory slot, but for a new phone at half the cost of the others with comparable performance, i think i can compromise.
camera is better than what i have currently, and even if it was water proof, i dont see myself submerging my phone any time soon. still hesitant to trust them on that.

been running 4.4 cmod on my sensation for about a week now, def one of the best releases yet. only a few small quarky bugs im trying to get rid of.

by far, its the best budget friendly phone on the market that I wouldnt mind having. the most i want to spend on a phone is in the $300 area, which i would gladly add $50 to get 64gb of storage. and i would get the sandstone back cover, love the way sandstone feels.

i just need to find a fucking invite.

I don't see why you'd need to remove it.

oh wait, yeah I do.... sometimes it's the only way to reboot the thing when an app dies.

I think that's the only thing that might be a deal breaker unless they have some other way to reboot that actually works when the software is hosed.

on my RAZR i can hard reset by holding PWR+VolDwn at the same time.. i'm sure every phone has a hard reset button combo

I don't like the nonremovable battery due to not being able to replace the battery goes bad.

i just had my battery replaced in my iphone5 . 18 months of life, cost $70 at the apple store and it took about an hour.

I've never had a reason to take my battery out though.

I do, i travel a lot so when i am on the the road for 12-14 hours a day and i use my phone 100% of the time for phone calls, music, GPS, inet, email, video stream etc..., i need to swap it out with my spare until i can charge up at the hotel.

For like $30 bucks i got a spare Samsung battery with a charging station that charges the battery without using the phone....

well, got tired of waiting, and annoyed with the oneplus tactics of trying to get you to jump through hoops in order to score an invite

so, i picked up a galaxy s5 tonight with an otterbox and 2 s-view cases for $370.
going to most likely sell the cases to make back a little bit of the money.

well, got tired of waiting, and annoyed with the oneplus tactics of trying to get you to jump through hoops in order to score an invite

so, i picked up a galaxy s5 tonight with an otterbox and 2 s-view cases for $370.
going to most likely sell the cases to make back a little bit of the money.

can't go wrong with a SGs5.......great phone...enjoy

Back