Online MMO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eve-online is my hook line and sinker when not working on my car or working at work

Yeah, WoW isn't for everyone, but it's the first and only MMO I have ever played. I honestly have no idea what EQ even looks like. I've once watched someone play one of the FF games on PS2. Many other games may be better, but I refuse to even give something else a shot with the chance of even more time wasted.

I started playing Counter Strike right when 1.5 came out. I used to skip school to play for other teams to make 20 or so bucks a match. If you are familiar with the nerd-ass leagues, I was in a CAL-P team and did pretty well in Cevo's league. I was sponsored with a ventrilo server and 2 CS servers. Counter Strike was the first game I got addicted to, and then it was WoW.
Nothing else, though =P. I'm so sad.

LOL i play COunter Strike CZ everday....I'm an Admin on NOlimitCS server ;P. Proll why i am so into guns at this point...But that shit is fun runnign around killing people lol

Ha, looks like I brought all the EvE players out of the woodwork :) I didn't even realize it was that popular (30,000 people isn't all that many).

As for shooters, I used to play a lot of CS;S and DOD:S (and their originals before the new ones), but nowadays the only FPS I play is COD4. It's an amazing game if you have a computer that can run it well.

I've never really gotten into any of the online MMO-type games, and that's probably a good thing. I have somewhat of an addictive personality, so I'd probably end up like Kanned did, staying up all night and shirking my responsibilities to play. Shit, I stayed up until 2 AM last night just playing Guitar Hero, so I'm sure it would be even worse for me if these types of games are as addictive as some of you are making them out to be...

Oh, and forgive my "MMO newbness", but what exactly is EVE?

I don't like MMOs other than FFXI. But, I haven't been thinking about playing it for a while. I hate all the Asuran drama. I admit, I do have a lot of MMO games... I just... eh.

I've never really gotten into any of the online MMO-type games, and that's probably a good thing. I have somewhat of an addictive personality, so I'd probably end up like Kanned did, staying up all night and shirking my responsibilities to play. Shit, I stayed up until 2 AM last night just playing Guitar Hero, so I'm sure it would be even worse for me if these types of games are as addictive as some of you are making them out to be...

Oh, and forgive my "MMO newbness", but what exactly is EVE?

EVE Online - a massive multiplayer online roleplaying space game - MMORPG

The best. Period.

It's SO relaxing, it's like living actual sci-fi. The sounds and stuff in space are explained in the story line. (Would you play a game with no sound?)

The environments are MINDBOGGLING large. Makes WOW look like a walk around the block. Space is very accurate, the chances of running into other people are slim - the trade is very realistic, but fighting is BORRRing. It's the same as mining. I'm building up until I get a large ship (Where the fighting models are a bit more realistic)

You don't actually "fly" your ship. You tell it where to go.

Meh, I play eve without sound. I need to hear what people are saying on vent and it creates lag when you got 200 drones on screen during large fleet engagements.

Eve is a really cool, chill game but it requires that you actually pa attention since the WHOLE universe is PvP. The economy and politics of eve are very cool. They actually have a PhD economist working for them to help balance things out. All items are player created and when you lose a ship, it's gone, so everything works out quite well.

Last edited:
Back