only honda wizards please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry its been so long. So hondata was no help, there answer to everything is that its a socketing problem.i have also tried contacting my tuner, he wont return my messages, so i have decided to start studying and im going to re-tune myself. If thete are any tumers reading this please feel free to give me pointers. I am using the step by step off hondatas website. I have never tuned before so im just goinh to take my time with it, i dont plan on doing it overnight.

there is no way way you can tune it without dyno(you can but it will take you days or weeks to do it and you will need wide band O2 vacuum gauge camera nice stretch of road without cops where you can pull 4th gear from 2000rpm to redline than analyze video comparing rpms with A/F ratio than do the map and repeat this over and over again till you get where you want :bash:) OR
just search around post your car specs exactly what you have till every detail(intake, exhaust, cams, valves spring, C/R... etc) and maybe you will get lucky and someone will have map for you via email and all you have to do is just download it to s300 and yes i now many will say that every car's tune is different and it is, but if you get map from someone one with same boltons that you have map will be somewhere 95% close
so good luck with it

there is no way way you can tune it without dyno(you can but it will take you days or weeks to do it and you will need wide band O2 vacuum gauge camera nice stretch of road without cops where you can pull 4th gear from 2000rpm to redline than analyze video comparing rpms with A/F ratio than do the map and repeat this over and over again till you get where you want :bash:) OR
just search around post your car specs exactly what you have till every detail(intake, exhaust, cams, valves spring, C/R... etc) and maybe you will get lucky and someone will have map for you via email and all you have to do is just download it to s300 and yes i now many will say that every car's tune is different and it is, but if you get map from someone one with same boltons that you have map will be somewhere 95% close
so good luck with it

Your crazy you can tune without a dyno and i do have a wideband. Any tips on tuning from scratch is what i need not tell me what you think i can and cant do.

Good Question and bump for you.

Yes you can street tune but having all factors consistent is important. I do not have a clue about tuning at that level.....so I will tune in to see what happens.

What exactly do you have done to merit this tunable ECU?

Your crazy you can tune without a dyno and i do have a wideband. Any tips on tuning from scratch is what i need not tell me what you think i can and cant do.

im sorry for being an ass by telling you what i think can and cant be done
and if you want to tune from the scratch, first get a base map for your engine thats your main scratch and than make alot of scratches to it
OH and don't forget to buy scratch-off lottery because you can scratch those alot too and if you will get lucky you may win some money and spend winnings for nice dyno tune because dyno tune will save you alot of scratches on your head too :moon:

Street Tuning can be done. Guys do it all the time with K-Pro. It takes some knowledge and some consistent constraints but it can be done ad a car can be safely driven. Guys on K20A.org give out free help for street tuning all the time.

luky1380......you should relax. You've already been abrasive in other threads too. Nothing wrong with giving your opinion but to bash others is to be nothing more than an ass. If you think its well worth the money to have it dyno-tuned then say so (without trying to come off like a know it all). Or, if you want to convey the thought that street tuning is not that easy then say that. Your writing tone comes off like someone who wants to start an argument and we don't want anyone like that on this site. We want people to help spread solid information and try to help. There are plenty of other members who share my opinion but I figure they would let you know by bashing the hell out of you in an attempt to return the favor and get you to leave this site. I'm just trying to let you know that you should slow your roll.

i know street tune can be done but its alot of work and i never said it cant be
and CAFROG if you reed my 1st replay to this post, and I now you did, thats exactly what i was saying and i just gave my advise for easiest solution for his problem and he called me crazy for that and told me thats I dont need to tell him what can and cant be done
(Originally Posted by honda801
Your crazy you can tune without a dyno and i do have a wideband. Any tips on tuning from scratch is what i need not tell me what you think i can and cant do.)

And i dont want to or never will disrespect HS community or any of its members for no reason, but if some1 will be aggressive with me i will return the favor. And if some1 will tell me that advise i gave him in my 1st reply was totally f***edup and honda801 had every right to call me crazy and telling me he dont care what i think... than i will apologize

there is no way way you can tune it without dyno(you can but it will take you days or weeks to do it and you will need wide band O2 vacuum gauge camera nice stretch of road without cops where you can pull 4th gear from 2000rpm to redline than analyze video comparing rpms with A/F ratio than do the map and repeat this over and over again till you get where you want :bash:)

I see this quote more as an attempt to put someone in their place rather than give sound advise :shrug2: just my opinion.

Hondata s300 can be plugged into a lap-top and data logs can be used after some 4th gear pulls are done (they "can" be done with 3rd gear pulls too) Data can be used to make adjustments but this is where some good knowledge comes into play. If he has someone to help on Hondata's forum....he can get a safe running tune in 3-10 pulls depending on too many variables (although, I agree, not as optimal as dyno tune)

In all fairness.....I do not know if the things he has done to the car merit the need for such a ECU system. He has yet to reply on that topic.

I see what you saying CAFROG and i admit my mistake by saying " no way way you can tune it without dyno" and im sorry if it looks like i was trying to put some1 in their place because thats not what i was trying to do. I just gave my opinion on how hard it is to do(i talked to guy who is hondata dealer and tuner and he told me if he will do street tune that he will charge more money for it because it will take longer and it will be only about 80% in good case 90% effective and its real pain) and after I just gave him advise on easiest solution on his problem to get a map from some1 and its his right to take or not to take my advise and I'll be happy in any case..., but saying "Any tips on tuning from scratch is what i need not tell me what you think i can and cant do" for me sound like "I know everything and you dont know shit what you talking about" and if you really dont care what people think what can and cant be done, than why you even ask questions, why you just not going to go do it your self? and right it is or wrong from me to say this way but that's just how I see it

Last edited:
Sorry been so long, but im getting ready to tune and cant get any s300 base maps to get the car started, if n e 1 has a similar setup and would be willing to shoot me a copy of their map that would be fing fantastic. B18c1, b16 head , 750 cc injectors, victor x inyake , 60 trim turbo , 9-1 pistons, 10lbs of boost ,stock cams. If you think of any thing else chime in.

Back