Only In America...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by sisteve+Mar 12 2003, 03:41 PM-->
Originally posted by Afipunk21@Mar 12 2003, 12:56 PM
sisteve
@Mar 12 2003, 12:44 PM
shut up n00b!  :slap:

hey, that's my line! :kick:

me and Noah aka ScrapinSi go way back, to the dawn of Clubsi.com

so no, I have every right to slap the riceboy around ;)

haha

Thats right... SiSteve has been my bitch on ClubSi for a few years now... only fair that i'm his bitch on this board... LOL :lol:

Originally posted by gupta_p+Mar 12 2003, 08:19 PM-->
Originally posted by FFCiv@Mar 12 2003, 05:47 PM
gupta_p
@Mar 12 2003, 05:12 PM
How 'bout ..

"Only in america .. can a dumbass president decide to spend 2x the GNP of a country to destroy it."

how bout originally only in america can a ass like this talk shit about the president and not be murdered by the goverment for it. Get a life money isn't everything

Perfection at it's best, right? I'm not sure if I'm catching your sarcasm or not, but I guess what you're trying to say is... "The First Ammendement is baloney. People like you should be murdered for voicing their political opinions."

My friend, you only decieve yourself if you don't believe money isn't everything. Why do you exist? Well, frankly, you live to die, but while you live, you earn money so that you can push yourself further, and drive our economy to the sky. While the economy isn't in the sky, your life won't be as sweet. Your friendly airlines won't be serving quite as many peanuts (on the average) to their customers. You're rail transportation will be taken from the shitter into the canceled pile. In fact, it's plausible our major social program (the military) could drop from 400 billion dollars in funding to .. wait for it .. only the summation of the top 26 countries in the world directly below us (instead of the top 27).

See, you're lost in a mass of nationalistic pride (where it really doesn't belong). We may very well lose americans in the line of fire (because .. contrary to popular belief, those Iraqis actually have cylindrical sticks, that contain projectile ammunition that can lead to fatal injury.) But wait, you randomily said, "a ass like this talk shit about the president" because you are nothing more than a drone. You care less about the people that go out there, or the money invovled with this, then you care about your president?

Bush isn't going to die in the line of fire. YOU ARE. lol. Werd.

Now, who's "a ass." Grammar is a magical thing, but I don't pretend to know anything about it. I just hope you might learn a bit about it.

(edit: lsvtec, gratzi!)

LOL

:withstupid: :owned:

oh..btw..the reason planes aren't made out of the material that the black boxes are made of (i've asked this b4) is because that little tiny black box weights a whole lot. So, if a plane was built out of that same material..chances are..it might not leave the ground.

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Mar 12 2003, 09:19 PM
oh..btw..the reason planes aren't made out of the material that the black boxes are made of (i've asked this b4) is because that little tiny black box weights a whole lot. So, if a plane was built out of that same material..chances are..it might not leave the ground.

its not just the weight that makes it durable, its the fact that its realatively small and it is stucturally built to withstand great pressures, heat, etc. all the extremes they could think of, its all in the design.

The problem with having a brilliantly strong substance holding a plane together is the fact that, even if the plane would stay intact, it's unlikely the terminal velocity of the plane is anything lower than 200 mph, and when something flies at 200 mph into the ground or water, it's highly unlikely someone would survive that kind of impact.

You have to ask yourself the same question about cars. Why do we make it so cars crumble? It's so that impact can be absorbed. (no, we dont' makes planes to crumble becausae the impact needs to be absorbed, we just assume they're not going to fall otu of the sky. Yah, I know that sux, but what else can we do? Life doesn't have a Godmode.)

Originally posted by gupta_p+Mar 13 2003, 02:19 AM-->
Perfection at it's best, right? I'm not sure if I'm catching your sarcasm or not, but I guess what you're trying to say is... "The First Ammendement is baloney. People like you should be murdered for voicing their political opinions."
I think the point he was trying to make was that people who think like you can freely voice their opinions,without being silenced by the government.If you'd like I can point you in the direction of some countries that you can't.The president is a figure head,not much more.

gupta_p Posted on Mar 13 2003
@ 02:19 AM
See, you're lost in a mass of nationalistic pride

You should be happy that there are those that have pride and the balls to fight and die so you can continue to freely shit on this country,if you cared that much,then you would be out trying to make a difference in someway,instead of sitting behind your computer spewing insults at people.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 12 2003, 09:55 PM-->
Originally posted by gupta_p@Mar 13 2003, 02:19 AM

I think the point he was trying to make was that people who think like you can freely voice their opinions,without being silenced by the government.If you'd like I can point you in the direction of some countries that you can't.The president is a figure head,not much more.

gupta_p Posted on Mar 13 2003
@ 02:19 AM
See, you're lost in a mass of nationalistic pride

You should be happy that there are those that have pride and the balls to fight and die so you can continue to freely shit on this country,if you cared that much,then you would be out trying to make a difference in someway,instead of sitting behind your computer spewing insults at people.

I do believe he was trying to say that excercising my first ammendment freedom was somethign that I shoudln't be able to do. His sarcasm was glossed over by you dude.

Frankly, I said that he's lost in the hysteria associated with nationalist pride for a reason. See, you think dying for your country is a great thing? Is it really? Is it absolutely neccessary for Americans to die in Iraq? I don't think it is. I believe wholeheartedly in American ideals, I'm in fact American, but I do not believe fighting a battle in Iraq is neccessary. I don't blindly support the president, and that's what I'm trying to tell the other guy about. He's blindly supporting our president, he should understand the facts behind the war before he decides to just support a man that was elected by a minority in the country.

What if I was going to go to war? I'm not just some little nerdy kid sitting behind a computer, I'm quite a bit more than that. I can hold a gun as well as anyone else, and when it boils down to it, what happens when my name is picked from that hat? Do I flee to canada like our brave, pardoned, draft evaders? C'mon now, we need to pick and chose our battles, not waste our money, time, and american children on teh soil in Iraq.

We, as a nation, have other things that can better force us to wield our might. I have as much nationalistic pride as any of you do, but I'm not not a blind hawk.

Our American Soldiers are _the best_. Our soldiers are _not_ worthless. Do you not care about their lives? That's my question.

Warning, this following statement is not ment to become an arguement. Here we go...

Only in America can you lose the popular vote (and some would say electorial vote too) and still become president

Originally posted by gupta_p@Mar 13 2003, 04:54 AM
I do believe he was trying to say that excercising my first ammendment freedom was somethign that I shoudln't be able to do. His sarcasm was glossed over by you dude.

Frankly, I said that he's lost in the hysteria associated with nationalist pride for a reason. See, you think dying for your country is a great thing? Is it really? Is it absolutely neccessary for Americans to die in Iraq? I don't think it is. I believe wholeheartedly in American ideals, I'm in fact American, but I do not believe fighting a battle in Iraq is neccessary. I don't blindly support the president, and that's what I'm trying to tell the other guy about. He's blindly supporting our president, he should understand the facts behind the war before he decides to just support a man that was elected by a minority in the country.

What if I was going to go to war? I'm not just some little nerdy kid sitting behind a computer, I'm quite a bit more than that. I can hold a gun as well as anyone else, and when it boils down to it, what happens when my name is picked from that hat? Do I flee to canada like our brave, pardoned, draft evaders? C'mon now, we need to pick and chose our battles, not waste our money, time, and american children on teh soil in Iraq.

We, as a nation, have other things that can better force us to wield our might. I have as much nationalism as any of you do, but I'm not not a blind hawk.

Our American Soldiers are _the best_. Our soldiers are _not_ worthless. Do you not care about their lives? That's my question.

I never said anything about Iraq,that is what I'm saying about you reading into things,don't assume you know what he or I meant,take it at face value,since you know neither of us,that is all you can do.

As for do I value our soldiers lives,more than you,since I am a soldier on deployment.So as you can see the saftey of my buddies and those fighting in other places right now is of the utmost concern to me.I'm I going to cry about what we should or shouldn't do,no.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 12 2003, 11:03 PM
As for do I value our soldiers lives,more than you,since I am a soldier on deployment.So as you can see the saftey of my buddies and those fighting in other places right now is of the utmost concern to me.I'm I going to cry about what we should or shouldn't do,no.

See, that's the problem right there. I understand, since you're a soldier, you've been brainwashed into believing you MUST GO WITH THE FLOW. That's not true. Man, you're in a dangerous situation. If you go out there, and DIE, what would your parents think? What would your friends think? What would your family think? Your future doesn't exist, when it's terminated by a war.

I'm happy you're not going to be crying about what our Yale Grad Bush wants you to be doing, but if you're not standing up for what you beleive in (i.e., in my circumstance, the fact taht a war with Iraq will lead to the unneccesary loss of american life on foreign soil), what meaning do your serve on this planet? It's nice to see that you value the lives of your fellow soldiers, but you should value your own life as much.

When I say I'm not in favor of a war with Iraq, it's not that I'm saying I'm not in favor of the US Military. LOL. That's not true at all, I'm just not in favor of the needless use of the US Military. You guys can whoop some ass anytime, but why waste some ass whoopin' power on Iraq? There are better things to do.

C'mon man, you're not a drone. You're FAR more than that. You need to ALWAYS "cry" about things that sometimes dont' seem to flow together as well as they should.

GL out there, wherever you are. I hope you aren't that soldier I see on CNN that was accidently lost on the field during our "war."

Originally posted by gupta_p@Mar 13 2003, 05:10 AM
See, that's the problem right there. I understand, since you're a soldier, you've been brainwashed into believing you MUST GO WITH THE FLOW. That's not true. Man, you're in a dangerous situation. If you go out there, and DIE, what would your parents think? What would your friends think? What would your family think? Your future doesn't exist, when it's terminated by a war.

Wow,that's funny,brainwashed for believing that freedom is worth dying for,haha.No I don't believe that Iraq is about freedom,and everyone is getting their panties in a wad over it.Sorry I'm not the guy who is going to kick your ass for burning a flag,I'm the guy that relishes the fact that my son is going to grow up to be able to.And the guy who thanks our forefathers,no matter how fucked up some of the things they did in the past,that you and me can do the same thing now.I understand fully how dangerous it is doing what we do
We sleep safe in our beds,because rough men stand ready in the night,to visit violence on those that would do us harm.

we are train to go into those circumstances,and survive,hence why when we fight the numbers greatly favor our side.

Originally posted by FFCiv+Mar 12 2003, 05:47 PM-->
@Mar 12 2003, 05:12 PM
How 'bout ..

"Only in america .. can a dumbass president decide to spend 2x the GNP of a country to destroy it."

how bout originally only in america can a ass like this talk shit about the president and not be murdered by the goverment for it. Get a life money isn't everything

Shut up N00b. So sayeth Nick.

Only in America can a douchbag like you not get your ass kicked daily for being ignorant.

Let's use another one of my lines : What's the weather like up your own ass?

Back