1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oooops i didnt mean to bust my oil pan..

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Riceburner, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Riceburner

Riceburner Senior Member

ok 2nite i was goin the road and i hit the little dip in the road i slammed it doin only 40 i got to my friends house and the fuckin thing was blowin oil everywhere..so i guess i busted my oil pan..does anyone know if i could use just ANY oil pan off a honda..b/c i have a 96 DX motor that i blew up with a oil pan on it are they all the same or am i gonna have to buy one for a b-series i have a b16 by the way...or how much would a new one cost me?

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

They are different i believe, you have to get one for a b-series.

3. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Yes, all the oil pans are different, I think new at the dealerships they cost around $150-ish. I had to replace mine last year. There was a guy on eBay last year with $90 ones. The listings title said OEM, but when I asked him, it was actually a copy.

If you buy a used one, make sure that the area around the drain plug is sound. After many oil changes, the threads can get tired and stripped... and then you can use an oversized plug for a while. But just a little extra FYI on those things.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted