Operation EFacelift

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it looks like it could've bent the lca mount on the body, and possibly the shock tower a little bit. those lca's are pretty strong looking, on my 90 hatch it looks to me like the mount on the frame would bend before the arm. my .02

Yeah I dont know if it's the lca mount or the arm itself. What I was referring to was putting jdm fenders on a usdm crx

What I was referring to was putting jdm fenders on a usdm crx
It will work fine, I said that above.
game on, bitches. i finally got the money and the shopping has comenced!
Things bought so far:
Projector headlights
55w 9006 hid kit from www.retrosolutionsllc.com
passwordjdm fenders with side markers
more to come!
:puke:

CRX%2090-91%20Projector%20headlight%20Chrome.jpg

i got the ones without halos. though halos look good on luxury cars, they are a bit played out and look a little too ricer for me.

yea i agree i just picked up my 91 hatch and it came w halos.. i think ill leave them for now cuz they work

ok, i also have a negative camber issue. i am wearing badly on the inside front tires. if i get the front control arms with the adjustable ball joints, will i be able to correct it?

Last edited:
or could it be my toe? because honestly, when i look at the wheels in relation to the car, the camber doesnt look that bad

I was told (years and years ago) that LCA's (and other suspension parts) are designed to bend before mounting points do. I think you are fine but thats only my opinion.

i went to midas today. it is the control arm and the strut fork looks a cunthair out of line but the mechanic said not to worry about it. so i might replace it as well. AND while she was up on the lift, i was able to find my phantom oil leak! hope fully nothing more than a loose fitting. and i think i am going back into midas soon (after i install the control arm) to get some new front tires and four wheel balance/alignment. i'll see if i need camber correction after that.

also, has anyone done a suspension bushing swap? ex. energy suspension master kit? is it a pain in the ass? can one guy with a nagging wife that suffers from what i have diagnosed as seperation anxiety get it done in a weekend? or should i just get a shop to do it and save myself the hassle?

I have put new bushings in some suspension parts and its not that big of a deal (although I haven't done all of them).

I think it can be done in a few hours (add a few hours to ease your wife's mind that you haven't ran off with a Honda performance part lol)

Ball joints can be difficult but a deep socket big enough to fit can be used to seat it in place (using a table vise to hold the lower control arm in place and socket to push the ball joint in place).

yeah she's not worried about me running of with a part. she's not that stingie with the nookie. she just thinks the car means more to me than she does. insecure a bit? i did the socket trick on my buddies '07 Si coupe. i just haven't seen an entire set in front of me. nor have i gotten undernieth my crx to count bushings

If you got the ball joint under control....you will be just fine b/c IMO the rest is much easier. And the car needs its attention too lol...especially when a dumb chick makes you jump the median lmao

yeah that was completely gay. she was such an airhead. but i guess some much needed work is coming from it so maybe it was for the best.

Operation EFacelift UPDATE

Okay, so, i just installed my 55w 8000k hid kit. effin sweet. i dont have them in the projectors. just in the stock housings. and i installed my little 4 led dome light. i have before and after pics on the dome light and sylvania silver star vs. 55w 8000k hid bulb comparison. it only took like twenty minutes to install. and it probably could have been done more quickly but i was checking connections and scratching my head when i just didnt have the damn adapter plugged all the way in to the oem bulb connector. and now, the sweet metal case that the hid kit came in will serve as my travel tool box. so, heres the pics....

Attachments

• SDC10548.JPG
    SDC10548.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
  • SDC10549.JPG
    SDC10549.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
  • SDC10551.JPG
    SDC10551.JPG
    931.7 KB · Views: 167
  • SDC10552.JPG
    SDC10552.JPG