Opinion on B18B swap in my 91 EF HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

schwanginpt

hey guys, newbie here. i'm big honda fan, i have a 1991 Honda CRX Si that i am in the middle of rebuilding and i also have a 1991 HB Si, that's my daily driver. I also have a 2001 PT Cruiser, that and my CRX are my favs. Anyway.. let me get this on topic. my HB is my daily driver, and i was wondering what you all thought about a B18B swap into it. here are some specs on my HB and on the possible motor

Car:
1991 Civic HB Si.

Engine:
1995 Integra LS motor w/GReddy header
motor will be out of a 1995 Acura Integra LS Special Edition.

now i'm new to swaps, and i know this isnt the easiest swap, but i can get the motor for what i think is cheap. motor with GReddy header, tranny, ecu, and anything else i need for $700. could be less if the tranny is sold before i get it. so it could be cheaper. now please correct me if i'm wrong, but i need the following:

Motor Mount kit
90-93 teg intermediate and half shafts (depending on the tranny i used right?)
Cable Tranny
Shift Linkage
90-93 teg distributor (for ODB0)

i think thats all, cause i can use my clutch cable off my HB. now, can i use my Si ECU for this swap? or do i need something different? would it be better to use the LS ECU or no?

do you guys think this is worth it to swap it into my HB for the price?? i think its a great price for the motor, but i wanted to see what you all thought and if you have any suggestions or advice

thanks!

you sound like you pretty much know exactly what to do. but instead of converting your engine to obd0, i'd convert the car to obd1 w/ a conversion harness. they're like $125 shipped i believe and that way you can use the obd1 ecu out of the teg and the dist. out of the teg. might save you a 'lil $$$ and you could chip the ecu in the future and maybe run uberdata or whatnot. i'm not sure about the axels thing, i thought you could just use the ones from the teg... but not positive.

thanks man. well the guy i would get the motor from needs his LS axles, and im pretty sure i need 90-93 axles anyway.

but do you guys think its a good deal and a good idea to do??

thanks again for your input :)

you need a dizzy and ecm from 90-91 obd0 LS
92-93 tegs are obd1

oh yea.. i forgot to list those. but could i convert it to OBD1 like kylemarhx said with a harness?? or would it be better to just do it OBDO.

but thanks for the tip

Convert to OBD1, you'll get more power. You can do the wiring conversion yourself if you feel your a good electrician.

Yes those are the right axles if you use an LS, Y1, S1, or J1 tranny.

Back