Opinion poll: "What should I buy"

Achtung:

• save up for: Porsche 928 ($10,000)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • save up for: Porsche 911 ($16,000)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • save up for: Lotus Esprit($20,000)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Buy now: 1983 Supra ($500 + $1200 work and paint with massive rust)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Buy now: 1981 caged Scirocco ($3500)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Buy now: 1987 Civic Si (I imagine $2000 when is all said and done)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy now: 88-91 CRX Hf ($1000 with about $1000 when done)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Buy now: 1989 RX7 Turbo II ($3500 or so)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Buy now: 2000ish Honda Insight ($8000 or so, financed)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah im a douche. if you do find one, lmk. i will reimburse you for it ;)

yeah im a douche. if you do find one, lmk. i will reimburse you for it ;)

Hahahah .. don't worry about it. I didn't hammer on the car like you did, apparently. The thing was only clamped on.

one huge uphill romp after the failed HG repair did it in. i kinda want a trapp for the mirage, but it would be WAY too loud. i would need a resonator the length of the whole exhaust.

I'm actually very good with rotaries. I also believe that Rotaries are dead reliable. I mean come on, it's only like 4 moving parts.

What goes wrong mostly is chemical, not mechanical.
If you know how to work them, yes, they tend to be very reliable and can run forever. But the problem is that not too many people are familiar with them and understand how they function. Once you get accustomed to the rotary engine, it's a very simple concept and are easy engines to maintain.

I still say go with the TII. :thumbsup:

one huge uphill romp after the failed HG repair did it in. i kinda want a trapp for the mirage, but it would be WAY too loud. i would need a resonator the length of the whole exhaust.

Glasspack for the win. California Red. I'm switching out the muffler in the Vega for one. Then you can get just the disc part of the trapp (No canister)

I may do that for the CRX.

I'm surprised, I thought you guys would be all about that Scirocco.

Glasspack for the win. California Red. I'm switching out the muffler in the Vega for one. Then you can get just the disc part of the trapp (No canister)

I may do that for the CRX.

Dynomax bullet> crap glasspack. I had one on my 05 Silverado with 3inch cat back piping. That fucker sounded real good and it had a nice pop at about 5500 rpm that sounded like a gun shot going off. Damn I miss that truck but not the payment.

That settles it then ... VW :)

Anyway, I went to look at the Supra... scratch that off the list. Funny story, of course:

I pulled up to the address. It was at someone elses home, and he wasn't there. So I rang him up. Now this guy is a dullard anyway, like really dumb. So I called him and he said "I was waiting for your call" I reply "We agreed to meet here at 6:30" "Oh, well I ain't comin down now. You can look at it, if you're still interested we'll get together some other time"

So I say "Ok, where is it?"
"It's right in front of the house"
I look around. Nothing "I don't see anything"
"It's right there, next to the smashed up Toyota truck"
I look around again, I'm standing next to a smashed up truck. Suddenly my eyes focus down right in front of me. I thought it was a bush.

Listen, "Rust".. Rust is just a word. This thing looked like a sculpture of sticks wrapped around an engine. I have never seen rust like this in my life. It wasn't even a goddam car.

What a waste. 60,000 miles on a Supra that's left to rot in the bushes. Asshole.

that RX7 doesn't run. I may go up and see if I can get it to run. If I can't get an RX7, any RX7, to run within 20 minutes then the engine is scraped.

man, I can't find any. I've been looking for a 1989 RX7 turbo for YEARS. Most are black, but I'll take just about anythinganymore.

They simply aren't out there. like Black Lotus Esprits.

I did, however, just find and look at a 1989 Toyota pickup truck in mint condition for $2800. and I think I'll pick that up. I still have a load of goodies from my 4Runner (Power windows, sunroof, isky cam, intake goodness and 33" x10" tires)

So I may be all done.

Ok, I made arrangements and I have two finalists... For "Celerity's Next Daily"

And the finalists are:

1981 Scirocco, 4 point cage, 4 point harnesses, all bushings (I mean ALL bushings) poly, 15" BBS, 91k miles, FF long ratio gearbox removed rear seats, no options.

1989 Toyota Pickup, 4WD, black, 5 speed, 33" tires, hot cam, 125,000 miles, bedliner no options, regular cab, regular bed.

Both have mint, completely rust free bodies and run well. The truck's front bumper is pushed in from a light hit.

If I get the Scirocco I need to source a radiator (Aftermarket, whatever) re-wire the headlights and mount seat belts (Needs inspected).

The Truck will get my 33" tires, my head, seats, and later my power windows / sunroof from the 4Ruster. I'll need to get the fender flares to hold the new tires in.

I forgot I had a CRX hanging out behind my dad's house. The winn4r

/thread

Back