Opinion: Rockford Fosgate Omnifi MP3 car thing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

those are double-din DVD players...the screen slides down/out and the DVD loads behind it. I'm looking for a stand alone monitor w/brackets to mount it in a double din space. All the monitors I see either have a on-top-of-the-dash bracket or headrest brackets...

I want to put the monitor down in the audio console (you won't really be able to see it from outside the car becasue of the location and my tint) and a single-din DVD player w/a detachable face to put where the radio normally goes in an EG

confused yet?

Quoted post[/post]]
Steve told me that Jensen is basically the same as the Pyle stuff you find all over Ebay. I figure he'd know, he's been looking at these things for a long time.

If I had the dough I'd get the Kenwood. I don't like Pioneer's UI either most of the time.

ok jensen is not the same as pyle stuff, it is actually made by audiovox and to be quite honest the screen quality is very very clear. now i am not sayin that jensen is the best out there but i would buy one of there products over anything made by rockerford any day of the week.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yes, I do want that. Well, Most of that.

I have the Shell written for the win98 Kernel (It's something I've had for years) unless I can get someone to update me in Litestep for XP. and I have to go home and measure out 10" in my dash for it. Also, the PC unit itself looks alittle large. I may need to mount a firewire drive indash.

But hey, thanks for showing me ! I haven't seen this exact build. it looks good.

Edit: Holy cost batman. Just added up, and while it may be in the future, it's not for now. Can't take $1000 from the paint budget to get the basic system components.

Fuck Windows.

https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/index.php

Back