opinions on 03 Tibi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yep. FWD. If you really wanna get a weight reduction, buy a Geo Metro and do a 1.5L I4 swap and turbocharge it. :p

The V6 comes with 171 hp and with just cams, TB, PnP intake mani & a cat-back exhaust he dyno'd 197 to the wheels? :blink: All I have to say is...

...holy fucking shit. :worthy:

Damn...that responds better to modifications that I even thought it did. :blink:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 9 2004, 10:22 AM
its a hundai. there is no aftermarket.

yet. I'm sure the gtv6 will start to convince makers to build shit for the Tiburon ;)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 8 2004, 10:24 PM
as is the Si's NA engine,

you need to open that puppy up and let her breathe!!

Those are very poor numbers for a V6, especially for one marketed as a sports car. Match that with the Tiburon's weight, and you've got a dog of a car.

Let's not forget that the new styling is bitten completely from a MKIV Supra.

Edit: And rev8k, the Spev V's numbers are much nicer, since you get those out of a 4-cyl.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 9 2004, 10:24 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jan 9 2004, 10:22 AM
its a hundai. there is no aftermarket.

yet. I'm sure the gtv6 will start to convince makers to build shit for the Tiburon ;)

It actually scared one tuner into building a turbo kit for the inline four because they didnt want to deal w/ the exhaust manifold on a v6 I believe.

As far as engines and power curve go, for example the k24 makes 166 lb/ft at 4500 and more power than almost all of the engines in this discussion. Its just an example, I know its in a different class. I think the the QR25 is a great engine w/ that kind of curve for a daily driver, but with a couple more cylinders and an overall bigger size, I'd be hoping to put out more power (ie tibi). Believe me, I know everyone doesnt want to run at 8k all day, thats why I'm happy I got my car (around 160 lb/ft at 2200).... and I wont even talk about the new 1.8t's because they're turbo.

Originally posted by SolPWR+Jan 9 2004, 10:36 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 9 2004, 10:24 AM
pissedoffsol
@Jan 9 2004, 10:22 AM
its a hundai.  there is no aftermarket.

Hyundai has its own racing division called shark racing or sumptn like that

anyway heres the cardomain page i was talking about.

Hyundai Tibi GT V6 dynos

thats really wierd that i see this now. just about 1 hour ago i passed a hyundai with a sharkracing sticker and wondered what it was about. he did a fly-by but i ignored it. it was a newer hyundai, but not a tiburon lol :huh:

anyway the latest version of the tiburon GT was voted "Most Fun Car to Drive" by one of the big car mags (road & track, car & driver) this was a couple years go, before the new wrx came out.

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Jan 9 2004, 01:58 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jan 8 2004, 10:54 PM
its a hundai.

that is all.

w0rd! It's a bad stigma to have. Hyundai is just gay. kthxbye

That's the same stigma Honda used to have in the 70's; now look at them. I think Hyundai will be the next Honda in terms of how people take these inexpensive cars and make bullets out of them.

In the same progression, our grandkids will probably be sporting modified Daewoo's. :)

Back