opinions on a motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmh04

hey guys I have one quick question i just bought a ek and im about 2 do a swap and will like 2 know wat u guys think about a motor tht i can put in my ek tht will get me 2 run 10s or 11s i have 2 motors in mind im thinking of a ls motor worked up for turbo and also thinking of a b16b also being turbo charged. I plan on running turbo and also being able 2 drive it every day from and 2 work.

dont waste your time or money on a B16B if you plan on going turbo

get either an LS or GSR engine and start building for turbo

HAHAHAHAH!! HEHEH! HOOOO!! 10's... hehe...

No, not even close. You won't be able to run 10s in a civic... unless you have 30 or 40 grand sitting around to make it race-only. It's hard enough to get a civic into the 13s, much less 10s. Even if you do manage to break into low times, it won't be street drivable.

Yeah man, you're looking at lots of money and not a daily driver if you're wanting 10's. But I'm sure it would be fun trying! Give it a shot. I saw a video of a Civic with a b18c type r turbo pulling on some monster cars. 12's are more realistic for a daily car.

Have fun!

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 22 2004, 05:37 PM
It's hard enough to get a civic into the 13s, much less 10s. Even
[post=367071]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you kidding me? Motor swap, bolt on turbo kit, some suspension work, gut it, and nice tires, and you're there. But then again, that's like about 8grand or so.

if you wanna run those kinda numbers: first- it will not be streetable, second- hope u have alot of money lying around, third- going with an h22a will be your best bet to even get to those numbers without dropping like 20k+ into the motor. thats just my .02.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Jul 22 2004, 09:05 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Jul 22 2004, 05:37 PM
  It's hard enough to get a civic into the 13s, much less 10s.  Even

Are you kidding me? Motor swap, bolt on turbo kit, some suspension work, gut it, and nice tires, and you're there. But then again, that's like about 8grand or so.
[post=367077]Quoted post[/post]​

If it were that easy, there would be A LOT more Civics in the 10's. Find me a 10 sec RELIABLE Civic that's not an nitrous. Simply gutting it and adding slicks will not put you in 10's. I can make a D16Z6 run 10's, but that does not make it A.) reliable, B.) practical, C.) streetable, or D.) cost effective.

Originally posted by jdmh04@Jul 22 2004, 07:19 PM
can i run 10s or 11s in a all motor b16b in a ek
[post=367055]Quoted post[/post]​

unless you are planning to rip the block open and build it from there then yeah you just can't bolt on a turbo and think your going to get 10 sec. you have alot of work to do. go with a ls vtec and build the block from there or get a cr-vtec which has low CR and run turbo at like 12 psi and go and be happy

the only car you will ever run 10's on an 8 grand budget is an old nova/camaro and a lot of luck finding cheap used parts.

a built bottum end and like 20-25 psi in a gsr will run 11's in a civic, ive seen it, but i dont think you have enough money or luck to find those parts cheap. sorry bud aint gonna happen.

thank u for ur feed back.

I never said i wanted 2 slap a turbo on it and call it a day i just want a motor tht can run 12s (i just set tht goal) and still be able 2 drive 2 work and go racing and beat people with it i really want turbo so the b16b is out im thinking of the turbo ls option in my lil brother eg would tht motor worked up get me into the 12s or 11s

Easiest and best way would be with a B18C1(GSR) or B18C5(ITR).

Both are DOHC VTEC 1.8 liter engines, however the ITR has more power unmodified. Probably the better option is the GSR because it's similar to the ITR and quite a bit cheaper. Starting with a GSR and going from there would be the best option for a tuning base. A GSR will run 12s with some work, and should still be daily drivable.

Originally posted by Havok+Jul 22 2004, 07:59 PM-->
Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 22 2004, 09:05 PM
Battle Pope
@Jul 22 2004, 05:37 PM
  It's hard enough to get a civic into the 13s, much less 10s.  Even

[post=367077]Quoted post[/post]​

If it were that easy, there would be A LOT more Civics in the 10's. Find me a 10 sec RELIABLE Civic that's not an nitrous. Simply gutting it and adding slicks will not put you in 10's. I can make a D16Z6 run 10's, but that does not make it A.) reliable, B.) practical, C.) streetable, or D.) cost effective.
[post=367127]Quoted post[/post]​

I was talking about 13's man.....meaning his comment about getting into the 13's is tough.

For me it would be... you know, limited budget and all. If I wanted a 13 second or faster car though, it wouldn't be FWD I can tell you that much.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 23 2004, 06:07 PM
I am not even going to add my .02 cents...
[post=367323]Quoted post[/post]​

Werd, Daily driver look at 13's high 12's, but a motor doesn't run anything, there's a ton more to it.

Back