Opinions on B-series Swap Mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmr302

I've hit the search function but haven't seen this anywhere so here goes...

What are your opinions on mounts?

Do you generally get what you pay for or are they all more or less the same?

Are the cheap-o non-name mounts on Ebay any good?

in the world of honda parts....the "You get what you pay for" attitude is generally true.

yea what he said ^ i would of liked to purchase hasport mounts myself but unfortunately i'm not made of money, so ebay mounts will have to do. as far as i can tell they look put together half way decent. as long as it actually goes in the car and doesnt give me too much hassle bolting down, then i guess i won't complain too much. but at this point i can't say how good or bad they are.

Hasport has been around since day one. They make the best quality mounts with a variety of comfort levels to suite your needs. :)

I should be Hasport's spokesperson, eh? :D

I started studying pics of the different mounts and made a decision. I bought the Innovative mounts at innovativemounts.com.

I saw some things I didn't like in the cheap no-name mounts, including Avid's, like a lack of inside radiuses (radii?) and poor or no gusseting. That's how things crack. In the end Innovative got me with the tapered bushings and slightly lower price than Hasport and virtually identical designs on the billet parts.

We'll see if they're all they're cracked up to be.

Innovative mounts are probably the best cheap swap mounts you can get. Hasport is nice, but not necessary to get the job done.

I wouldn't really say they're cheap. The billet set is $300 vs $350 for Hasport's stuff on Ebay. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just copies of Hasport's designs though.

honestly the ebay mounts work good..of course thyre not bullet proof like hasports but they get the job done,very well..like someone stated above,,the only real differance is that theyre not gusseted...which you can do yourself if it came down to it...
so in this case its not the deal with"you get what you pay for"
its not like
you can buy shitty mounts,good mounts,or awesome mounts..
its good mounts,better mounts,and even better mounts

that going from ebays,to innovatiive/place racing and all others,then hasport

inos are good and get the job done for a stock swap, hasport means you'll never have to worry no matter what
never heard of inos...
and were talking about b-series swap mounts,,not direct replacements

never heard of inos...
and were talking about b-series swap mounts,,not direct replacements

one in the same... they're not specially designed for a b-series swap. they're just b-series mounts, period. you can use stock mounts off the integra if you want.

I started studying pics of the different mounts and made a decision. I bought the Innovative mounts at innovativemounts.com.

I saw some things I didn't like in the cheap no-name mounts, including Avid's, like a lack of inside radiuses (radii?) and poor or no gusseting. That's how things crack. In the end Innovative got me with the tapered bushings and slightly lower price than Hasport and virtually identical designs on the billet parts.

We'll see if they're all they're cracked up to be.

Well, they're not.

I ordered black anodized billet mounts from Innovative with 75A bushings but never got them. After placing the order I didn't see a shipping notice for 2 weeks. I gave them a ring and they apologized and said they were having supplier issues and would ship in 2-3 days. This process repeated for another 2 weeks until it had been 1 month and a day since I placed the order and the parts still hadn't shipped. I decided I'd rather get my car back on the road with someone elses' parts than trust Innovative to meet another ship date so I canceled the order. I was polite, they were understanding, and I got a credit card credit memo via email (hasn't posted to the card yet). The same day I ordered the equivalent Hasport parts for $20 less off an Ebay seller and they shipped the next day.

So the Innovative Mounts may be the better design but you may not have the chance to find out. I don't think they're crooks but they're very disorganized. You can't count on them.

Just thought I'd post this on the forum to save other people the trouble. I hope they can turn things around at Innovative eventually.

well glad ta see that they didnt totally fuck you over..atleast they tried to be as honest as possible..so how do you like the hasports?

well glad ta see that they didnt totally fuck you over..atleast they tried to be as honest as possible..so how do you like the hasports?

The Hasports look pretty good. Installed them today. It took a while. I left the engine in the car (this was an existing swap) so nothing played well together. It took 7 hours.

One criticism of the Hasports; the bolts. It's hardware store stuff. This was fine for the rear mount because it came with high strength flanged bolts. Everything else was high strength (for the hardware store anyway) regular bolts which means the heads are much larger than the factory Honda stuff. This isn't really an issue until you have to fit a socket on the bolt and it hits the machined bracket or you have to squeeze a combo wrench into a tight space.

Last criticism, and this is common to all of the billet mounts I've seen; there are way too many inside corners with little or no radius. I'm sure these things are way over built, but when there's no radius this creates stress risers which eventually lead to cracks. Yes, I'm a big nerd.

PS: The credit from Innovative cleared my credit card so I'm free and clear of them. Glad they didn't screw me around on this.

Back