Opinions on bikes, especially hondas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I am thinking about getting another bike and I have some questions for those that ride, or know about them...

I was wondering if honda bikes carry the same quality and reliability that we all love their cars for?

Are honda motorcycles considered expensive compared to others in their classes, similar to how honda cars are somewhat more expensive to comparable vehicles...

looking for in general opinions on hondas, kawasakis, suzukis or any other...

i previously had a 250 ninja and then a 600 ninja and am thinking about getting another 600cc bike now that i'm a little older and hopefully a little more restrained with the throttle...

i like the looks of the great busa, but too much money and too fast, the r1 and well pretty much any liter plus bike would be too much for me...

anyone have an idea of max mileage to expect out of them?
would it be ok to buy a bike with 15K miles? or a bike thats 10 years old or older?

thanks in advance

It really depends on what kind of bike you like.

If you like nible bikes get a ninja , bulky bike get a GSX-R and a CBR is right in the middle. Personally i've had 2 GSX-R's a 750 and a 1000 and i love them but they are bulky and are a completly differant ride then a CBR, ninja or F1. I would sujest going to a bike shop and test riding a few used bikes and see what fits you the best.

like smooth criminal said it depends on what you like ninja's are nimble and very stable at high speeds gsx-r's are bulky but light the r6 is a great bike but not if your not sure about your riding skills what are you going to use it for? i had a zx7r and it was great all around bike it was quick,stable,user friendly

riding skills aren't really a problem, I had a motorcycle license before I got my car license... been riding since i was 16, so about 8 years ago...

took the last couple years off cause it was getting too dangerous, kind of lost respect for the machine and took it too close to the edge... then some friends got broken bones, died, ended up in wheelchairs, so i called it quits..

but i've mellowed out a lot, and have more respect for life...

now when you say a ninja is nimble... as compared to a GSXR being bulky but light... not sure what you;re saying...

i thought most of the 600's run about the same weight? so the ninja is light and has good handling response and good throttle response? not sure i know exactly what you mean by nimble as opposed to bulky...

EDIT: and i plan to use it to commute to work, or just ride, just general purpose, not strictly track... but i do miss hitting the turns hard and fast...

Back