Opinions on clutch kit...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NARKOSIS

Well I purchased an SiR swap for about $400 more than originally expected so Im trying to cut a few corners. My original intent was to get the ACT Heavy Duty Clutch kit for about $356. But I was browsing around on Nopionline and see a Number One clutch kit for a little more than $100 cheaper with close to the same torque capacity increase. Anyone have any experience with these? Are they garbage or what? Just basic bolt-ons will be put on for the time being with extensive head/block work being done next summer which the clutch/flywheel will be replaced for something that can handle the power.

Centerforce = Big waste of money

I was told that Exedy is one of the better clutches, I hope so too, I just bought one :(

not a fan of exedy. seem to be a cheap make. bought an oem one and the spring broke after a few months. bought a stage 1 and the spring broke after a few months. not poor installation so maybe just bad luck. spring didn't break on my proclutch that i raped on a daily basis. driving on it for almost a year.:D

i bought the lightweight flywheel after breaking springs on the oem exedy clutch. i used it with the stage 1 exedy and the bitches still broke. my bf says its my driving, i told him to kiss ass and i paid too much for it to tear up. they are suppose to handle my kinda driving;)

lol well I think for now Im just going to ge the OEM replacement. My buddy whose doing the swap used to have a gs-r and he never had one complaint about his clutch, even replaced it with the OEM one when his first one gave out. I'll just worry about putting something heavy duty in it once I get the motor back from exospeed in the summer ;)

Last edited:
i have had the exedy stage 1 with exedy light fly wheel and now have the act stage 1 and act street fly wheel and i never had any problems out of either but when it is time for a new clutch i will be getting another act fo sho........

I bought two exedy clutch kits....I had bad experiences with both...not sure if that helps....I think its more dependent upon driving style, and horsepower.....all I know is that I HATE...and I mean...HATE exedy

Back