Opinions On My Swap...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
When I eventually do my swap, I have 2 choices i'm stuck on.
I want some opinions on what would be the best for an NA setup as far as overall performance with eventually a rebuild.

I've narrowed it down to these 2 choices. (cuz of the cost :p )

b16a1 w/ 99-00 si tranny

b18b2 (need opinions on tranny too) gsr/type-r/99-00 si??

thank you, have a nice day :spin:

What's it going into?
I'm about 99% sure you can't put a hydro tranny on a B16A1.(Someone help me out)

All Motor-B18C1-Save your green, you'll be a lot happier in the end.

Boost- B18B w/ B18B tranny, it's got the longest gears which is better for a boosted motor.

You can put a hydro tranny on a B16A1, but if it is not going into an OBD0 car you are going to have to make the engine match your OBD version (and the swap is illegal in some states).

Also, I would love to do a b18c1 swap but I wont have that kind of money anytime soon...and i'm getting really impatient...thats why I choose those options. When ya have the need for speed, what can ya do?

That CX is killing me!!! :(

nevermind...i'll just probably go for the LS swap and be satisfied with that till I have enough money for turbo. First step, pay off DEBT!

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 21 2003, 01:12 AM
wrong sport if you need to pay off debt, go with any 1.8 if you can.

Milan

isn't that the truth.

this sport = debt. plain and simple

Yeah, I will show credit card statements to back that up. 0% interest till November is saving my life.

CCDebt, I can thank this damn hobby and the notion of thinking i was able to pay off 12G's as a fuckin 18 year old serving tables.

Save your cash and get a 1.8vtec motor. You will be happy in the long run.

Milan

Back