Opinions On Products!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

95 civic coupe. Lowering it 1.5 about. has 17s

This set

or

This

and with the second, what shocks/struts would I have to buy????

Not everyone has 1k+ to drop on Teins Kyle. Why is everyone so hung on Tein's? Ground Control and Koni yellows is just as good and cheaper, but is that it? Its cheaper so its no good? Teins wouldn't be so fucking high if they were made here in the US, but no.. its jdm, gotta have it.

Skunk2 coilovers are fine for the everyday person that doesn't have deep pockets. Get good shocks and struts also. (kyb's or koni's)

I am going to use Tein springs (1.8 drop front and rear and are only 150 bucks) with some Koni yellows.

btw, Ohlin and JICs are more expensive and when more ppl start finding out by them, they will be the number 1 and 2 brand thrown around.

EDIT - ditch the 17's.. get some 16's if you want that over sized look. Rota's are cheap and good. 500 or so i think for 16" rota's from Jason (alljdm.com)

i think teins are great but i have heard a lot of storys about them rusting and locking up in a short amount of time.

i don't have anything against ground controls 'n koni's. i didn't even bother to look at what suspension he had picked out once i read that he wanted 17's.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Mar 1 2003, 06:37 PM
i don't have anything against ground controls 'n koni's. i didn't even bother to look at what suspension he had picked out once i read that he wanted 17's.

ah. .hahah.

He had something with kyb's and some coilovers. Didnt list a name nowhere.

Teins are great, no doubt about it, but for a little more you can have JIC's or a little more then that, you can have used Ohlins (around 2k for a set)

ohlin, tein, jic, fightex, gc's w/ koni's.... they're all great suspension setups... it just depends what you want and what your budget is... but 17's with some e-bay springs... that's a different story. he just sounded like he was more concerned with looks than performance.

brian did have koni's and coilover sleeves... now he had teins ..

I've already posted a thread about why I want 17s, read up kid. If you don't want to help me out with my decision, don't bother replying kyle. I've already expressed why I want 17s - and I don't think you need to act all high and mightey because I don't have JDM size wheels. My decision for larger wheels is well defended by me - and always remember, it's someone elses car not yours.

and To tell me I want 17s with ebay springs.... you can fuck off. If I am so worried about looks why the fuck would I be posting on hondaswap? The reason I'm asking people I respect for their advice is because I'm trying to redo my suspension on a buget, not get fucked with by some JDM wannabe. Maybe you should offer your advice on my situation, or find somewhere else to take out your jdm-small dick-pms. If I was a little ricer queer I'd by 4 inch drop springs for 150 bucks and scrape wheel well with 4 degrees of camber. Have enough respect for me not to judge my taste in wheels. Sorry about the flameage, don't lock the thread. I'd like some more input on the question :)

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Mar 2 2003, 01:04 AM
brian did have koni's and coilover sleeves... now he had teins ..

RActive doesn't exactly count as a coilover in my book. That is like sticking an Ls tranny on an all motor b18c/r. :)

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Mar 2 2003, 02:08 AM
and To tell me I want 17s with ebay springs.... you can fuck off. If I am so worried about looks why the fuck would I be posting on hondaswap? The reason I'm asking people I respect for their advice is because I'm trying to redo my suspension on a buget, not get fucked with by some JDM wannabe. Maybe you should offer your advice on my situation, or find somewhere else to take out your jdm-small dick-pms. If I was a little ricer queer I'd by 4 inch drop springs for 150 bucks and scrape wheel well with 4 degrees of camber. Have enough respect for me not to judge my taste in wheels. Sorry about the flameage, don't lock the thread. I'd like some more input on the question :)

here's the deal. That should have been taken to a PM.

now for the budget BS.

neuspeed springs- 250-300
koni yellows - 550
revalved for the neuspeed springs - ??? at least 50 bucks... im not sure.....

anyway, even without the valveing- you are tlaking about 850.

for $100 more, you can have tein SS's we aren't talking about a lot of money here. and the difference is incredible if you ask me.

i will NEVER, and i repeat, NEVER drive on anything but a true coilover from now on.

I've driven on skunk2/agx combos
i had ractive/koni yellows on my car (god help me)
ive driven on ground controls/konis
ive driven on neuspeed race/bilstein's i think they were...

and just NOTHING compares to the ride that the HA's that i have puts out - not even close.

but hey, thats my ass dyno.

do as you wish. but for $100, to me its night and day.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 2 2003, 02:42 AM-->
liquid00meth
@Mar 2 2003, 02:08 AM

here's the deal. That should have been taken to a PM.

now for the budget BS.

neuspeed springs- 250-300
koni yellows - 550
revalved for the neuspeed springs - ??? at least 50 bucks... im not sure.....

anyway, even without the valveing- you are tlaking about 850.

for $100 more, you can have tein SS's we aren't talking about a lot of money here. and the difference is incredible if you ask me.

i will NEVER, and i repeat, NEVER drive on anything but a true coilover from now on.

I've driven on skunk2/agx combos
i had ractive/koni yellows on my car (god help me)
ive driven on ground controls/konis
ive driven on neuspeed race/bilstein's i think they were...

and just NOTHING compares to the ride that the HA's that i have puts out - not even close.

but hey, thats my ass dyno.

do as you wish. but for $100, to me its night and day.

lol, if you ever pay $850 for koni yellow/neuspeed combo you should be shot. that setup should cost $500, at most $650

I can get a set for about $470, and neuspeed springs for $130 my above post should have said $600-$650 at most

where can you get these for that price? cuz im going to buy 10 sets and sell them.
seriously.

Back