opinions on swap or c5

what would you do

• crx with k20a

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • crx with zc, and c5 vette

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
well i know how much it cost once you start a project like this. and this is why im throwing the idea around, keep in mind the crx with k20 would be faster, but try to look at it by all view points before you vote or post opinions. ive always like the c5 vette by the time i get done with the crx it wlll be the same money thats another reason for this thought.

Same money? really? C5 baby. Now the C5 is the 6.0 right? Not the 7.0 (heard the maintenance for those is flippin' crazy expensive in comparison)

yeah you got to think i will have like 12-15k in the crx when done if i go the k series route. and im unsure i was thinking they are a 5.7

The C5 Corvette is a 5.7L. I believe the Z06 was the 7.0L.

I'd definitely go for the Vette + ZC CRX. It's just that much more car- RWD, torque everywhere, RWD, light weight, RWD... you get the idea.

Watch that insurance payment though.

i havent got that far into it but from what i hear from the locals the insurance is not bad at all something like 400 every 6 months for full coverage, but dont quote me on that one lol

The c5 z06 has a high compression 5.7. 405 hp. The c6 z06 has the 7 liter. Last summer I looked hard into getting a c5. What put me off is the high cost to get into the club, and the high cost of mods. You're looking at mid to high teens to get a 6 speed car in nice shape with lower mileage. Factoring in the high cost of tires and basic bolt-ons (decent exhaust is upwards of 1k. add another k for good headers), I decided that it was too expensive of a hobby to get into.

I like the k20 crx idea but thats all really a matter of opinion.

Look at it this way:
How much time and money am i willing to put in maintance(not the swap)

What am i going to be using it for

Fucking thieves will be tens time's more attracted

Is it worth it in the long run.

Either way like I said its your choice, good luck with either decision.

Keep the D series CRX for your Honda fix and buy the Vette for a car with USEABLE power. And, well, its a Vette. :shrug2:

lmao.

lets see, do i want to get felt up by a good looking chick and nothing more?
or
do i want to get felt up by a good looking chick, and then get some from an even hotter one afterward with another one assisting?

why would you even have to consider the options there?

lmao.
its no contest.
i would go for the c5 so fast i would forget about the rex.
i would keep the rex stock to rape for gas mileage.

Is this really a tough decision? lol

vette ftw
way more logical in this situation
plus, k swapped rex is a lot of work. the vette you just buy, drive, and enjoy.

eh 350Z maybe, but an S2000? seriously?

Depends on your goals.

Either one will out handle a C5. One of our Z guys has a C5 around a 2000-2001, has suspension work done as with basic mods like headers and such. When he takes the C5 to driving meets like skyline drive he says he has no issues keeping up with Zs until they hit corners then it gets tricky. He said the suspension work has helped a lot, pretty much brings it up to a stock Z handling wise. However any Z with suspension work done will walk the C5 in corners. S2000s in stock form will do the same.

20K can get you a C5 with money for minor mods.

20K can you get a 350Z with suspension work, wheels, exhaust, intake, retuned ECU, and still have money at the end of the day.

20K can get you a S2000 with a supercharger, wheels, suspension work, intake/exhaust

I just don't see the C5 being that great of a choice. Most people who are buying them now are the guys who want that cool fast car that they could never afford. Vette is the easiest thing to jump into and it gives you the biggest dollar to penis size value. More and more douches are driving them everyday lol.

C6 or bust!

Maybe he just cant drive? That just seems odd. I always thought C5s were know for there great handling. But again, the 350Z I can see, but a stock S2000 walking the Vette?

And I'd love a C6. I'd give it the C6R kit treatment.

the c5 still had the stupid muscle car handling problems. When the c6 was made it was actually an awesome handling car from the reviews I read.....and from watching top gear

Back