opinions on swap or c5

what would you do

• crx with k20a

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • crx with zc, and c5 vette

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Maybe he just cant drive? That just seems odd. I always thought C5s were know for there great handling. But again, the 350Z I can see, but a stock S2000 walking the Vette?

And I'd love a C6. I'd give it the C6R kit treatment.

For an America car the C5 is the cream of the crop for its time. Only thing else American and sports car is a viper and mustang. A lot of followers for the vette would never sit in a JAP car. LOTS of union works have them.

The S2000 can easily stay ahead of Zs stock for stock.

I'm not talking straight line. If that was the case I'd say get a mustang or look into a full size truck. :ph34r:

Last edited:
Depends on your goals.

Either one will out handle a C5. One of our Z guys has a C5 around a 2000-2001, has suspension work done as with basic mods like headers and such. When he takes the C5 to driving meets like skyline drive he says he has no issues keeping up with Zs until they hit corners then it gets tricky. He said the suspension work has helped a lot, pretty much brings it up to a stock Z handling wise. However any Z with suspension work done will walk the C5 in corners. S2000s in stock form will do the same.

20K can get you a C5 with money for minor mods.

20K can you get a 350Z with suspension work, wheels, exhaust, intake, retuned ECU, and still have money at the end of the day.

20K can get you a S2000 with a supercharger, wheels, suspension work, intake/exhaust

I just don't see the C5 being that great of a choice. Most people who are buying them now are the guys who want that cool fast car that they could never afford. Vette is the easiest thing to jump into and it gives you the biggest dollar to penis size value. More and more douches are driving them everyday lol.

C6 or bust!
Your guy in the C5 can't drive. I've seen C5's on track. With suspension work they will rape a 350/370z or s2k.

Your guy in the C5 can't drive. I've seen C5's on track. With suspension work they will rape a 350/370z or s2k.

They don't need aftermarket suspension work to outhand a 350z, the stock handling package option will do the trick just fine

Id take an S2000 or 350Z over a C5, unless you're talking about a Z06.

that's just me.

i'm with jeff on this one.

i would rather see a crx with a zc or b16. a k20 swap will flush your hard earned money down the toilet.

the C5 is an "ok" idea. but like jeff says, there are other cars out there for less money and more "bang for the buck".

now if you just want a c5, thats a whole different story. if you prefer it, get it. but if you are open to ideas, think about some other cars. you can get a lot better package for the same price. but whatever you do, stay away from the k20 rex. the only thing i would want with a K20, it comes in stock.

well this is just gona be a play toy, with the money there are a few other cars im thinkin on, like i could always get the 67 nova ive always wanted also lol

consider what will hold it value better

i'd take the new car with a/c and power everything over an old crx in a heart beat

naa.. Not a nova. Camaro or chevelle or something, but not a nova.

67-69 camaro's are some of the coolest cars i've seen. i would love to pick one up. (don't roast me, i dont' know the exact years of that gen camaro. i just know those years that i have seen kick ass)

phyre, you're crazy. I love the Camaros and Chevelles too, but you're crazy. Novas are awesome. Especially the 66-67. And yes 95 those are the years for the first gen. The 69 is the sexiest car I ever laid eyes on.

i heart the 67 nova
0112.jpg

Not gonna lie, Ive now got a mess to clean up. :ph34r:

haha, actually my aunt had one of those the damn thing went forever, 400k miles if i remember correct

Novas are the cool chevy people buy when they can't afford a camaro or a chevelle. Or, at least that is how it is in my mind.. Not to say nova's are not cool cars, they certainly are! But there are better same era same make vehicles out there for the picking..

Back