1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on these three cars?

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by totalburnout, Jul 3, 2004.

1. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

Okay, so it looks like the 944 Turbo is out because of insurance and other issues. i.e., expensive parts and repair. The Eclipse GSX/Talon Tsi are also out because of reliability issues, although i would love a powerful AWD car.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a '95-'99 VW GTI VR6. Pretty quick car? Can take v6 mustangs? Rides well? Handles well? Is a pleasure to drive? etc., etc.

Same goes with the Nissan 300zx ('90-'95)

and

the bmw 325is ('91-'95)

The vr6 is looking to probably be the most insurance friendly and probably the most practical for me, but I dont know.

2. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

i'd hope the vr6 can take a v6 mustang, my stock 90 accord kept up with them..

the 300zx is a nice car, but worthless unless it's a turbo one, which will be nce on insurance as well. i dont really like older bmw 325's <_<

3. totalburnout

well the 300zx tt would also be like 12-14k for a decent one and i dont have that to spend.

I have about 6-8k.

I want something that is a joy in terms of handling (would really love a wrx but too gd much money) and something that rides smoothly on the highway and at highway speeds. Also if someone is messing with me and i want to lay it to them, i want a car that can pull on them...or just a car that when i punch it, its going to goooo.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

go with the GTI

5. 90 accord

6-8k?

get a 92-95 hatch, throw in a b18c, do a some suspension, and your set :)

6. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

:werd:

depending on the year of the V6 stang it should rape it... the 00+ V6s run mid 15s though.

7. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

The VR6 is a gas hog, take that into consideration. I think swapping an EG and doing some suspension work would be your best bet.

8. totalburnout

its supposed to get around 22mpg on the highway i think

9. NissanNiNjA2nd

NissanNiNjA2nd Senior Member

well thats good you dont know what you are talking about... heh driving a NA 300zx at 160 mph with A LOT more room to go... ya ur right... oh and handling... yup once again you win, with the weight at a 55/45 distribution they are horrible... oh and the insurance... CHEAP AS HELL... seriously for nissans its basically like driving a 240... thats all....

oh and to everyone else... plz dont talk about what you dont know..It will save the rest of us a post to read through

-Aaron

10. totalburnout

uh, i think fuel cut off would be long before 160 and theres no way you're ever going to get it all the way up there.

and insurance *will* be high on a 6cyl 222hp car that is known as a sports coupe, especially for a kid that isnt even 19 yet. Even though you weren't responding to me, make sure you have everything right as well.

11. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

12. totalburnout

Even over the 300zx?

Alright, I was leaning towards it...i just have to go out and test drive a vr6 to see if i really like it.

I also just looked in the paper and a a4 2.8 quattro doesnt seem toooo far out of my league, i'll see if i can find one for around 7k.

13. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I would pick the 3 Series

Im on my 2nd Z car I came close to buying a 300ZX but would still pick the 3 series over it

300ZX in N/A form is a great all around car I think if all you cared about was speed you would list some faster cars however I think you want a good all around car so I would say a 2 door 3 series

14. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

only kind of people who buy bmw's, mercedes (that arent colectors items) that are OVER 5 years old, are the mexicans and poor people who like to show off to the rest of their "homies" and amigos the 4500.00 1994 Bee-Eem-Doble-Joo they just bought with 18" chrome wheels and leaning to the side, 2 miles an hour, like they were J.D. Rockefeller him-fucking-self.

Gonna get in trouble for this one.....

but

Brown
    Man's
    Wish :p

15. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

6-8k to spend?
    buy my car and go lsVtec :D , suspension is already done(check sig)

16. importjdmcivic

importjdmcivic Its the NUGE!

Get the GTI...VR6's are sweet...they ride good in my opinion my friend has one and his dad has a VR6 Carrado and his mom has a V6 Passat and his bro has a 16valve/G60 powered Scirroco...they really like VW's, lol...But seriously I would consider buying a GTI if i had the money

Buy the GTI and get like a Techtonics Tuning performance chip for like 100 bucks and get an intake and an exhaust and european cams and that would be really sweet car

17. micah

micah Senior Member

fuck a 300z
    i bought a 300z turbo and it wasnt as fast as my sol :\
    now its being sold :p

18. 90 accord

in addition to that, look at the n/a 2+2 edition,

1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 15.9

so in that case. driving a 300z is really like driving a 240.

and i dont know about you, but when i see a 300z, i expect it to be fast. not for it to run 16's.

damn, thats mad fast yO. i never said anything about how it handles, so dont try to attack me for that.

19. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

i'd go with the Z car. handling it will out do the others. and i personally would much rather drive a NA 300z then a GTi/vr6. besides, you dont have to go turbo on a VG30 to get some sac out of it. i onwed a mercedes once, maintenance is expensive. same goes for a BMW. although i disagree with the comment about owning a luxury vehicle that is a couple years old, i think your best bet would be the 300 or the VR6. unless you want a swapped vehicle.

20. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

I would recommend the GTI, but instead of the vr6 go with the 1.8T. A lot of euro tunners prefer it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted