Opinions on these three cars?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VW has bad reliability but good torque.

300xz is sexy and handles well, but doesn't have much inline speed.

the BMW, well, it only has class. Thats about it.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jul 4 2004, 01:54 AM
I would recommend the GTI, but instead of the vr6 go with the 1.8T. A lot of euro tunners prefer it.

Why not the vr6?

The vr6 should have power throughout the entire powerband being N/A and all, plus I think it has more HP and TQ stock than the 1.8T if I'm not mistaken.

My friend has a 1.8T jetta that I really like, but i was hoping for something more powerful stock that I could really enjoy. How much would it be to chip the 1.8T or get another 10-20hp/tq out of it?

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jul 4 2004, 11:52 AM-->
projectxspeed
@Jul 4 2004, 01:54 AM
I would recommend the GTI, but instead of the vr6 go with the 1.8T. A lot of euro tunners prefer it.

Why not the vr6?

The vr6 should have power throughout the entire powerband being N/A and all, plus I think it has more HP and TQ stock than the 1.8T if I'm not mistaken.

My friend has a 1.8T jetta that I really like, but i was hoping for something more powerful stock that I could really enjoy. How much would it be to chip the 1.8T or get another 10-20hp/tq out of it?

bleh I just checked. They started making the 1.8T GTI in 2000 and for one with 100k on it blue book is still 8,715.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jul 4 2004, 12:06 PM
why not the 1.8t golf? My friend has one its decently quick and its pretty nice and has a good ride.

If you read the above post, as far as I can see they didnt start making them till 2000 and one with 100k on it would still be 8.7k

Back