Opinions please?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jared759

VIP
I recently started working on a gaming community site/forum and I was just looking for opinions. Its not complete yet, I still need to add in some forums and such. left4bacon.com Portal . The name started out as a clan for bad company 2 then it just went into a community site.

just make a video game where you are an inmate in a prison and you have to escape or cause a riot or shank a dude or a gaurd in the neck or you have to join a prison gang. sell drugs in there. that would be a cool game idea

just make a video game where you are an inmate in a prison and you have to escape or cause a riot or shank a dude or a gaurd in the neck or you have to join a prison gang. sell drugs in there. that would be a cool game idea

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

He's not designing a video game dude. He's putting together a website like this one where people can talk about video games...

It looks pretty good so far. I would work up a Terms of Use agreement however. Along with some do's and dont's as well. Simply so you can have very clearly drawn lines and everyone is on the same page.

Edit:

Well I just found the ToU so scratch that. But I would still have some rules and such that are written in plain english as well. And maybe mention no discussing modding or posting links to sites that mod, or teach one how to mod. This is in reference to the PS3 and 360 of course.

Last edited:
And I am member number 3 on your new board.

Content!!!!!!!!!!!!

fix your canonicalization of www vs non www (pick one, redirect the other) in an htaccess file:

Code:
rewriteengine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^site\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://site.com/$1 [L,R=301]
for non www or

Code:
rewriteengine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.site\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.site.com/$1 [L,R=301]
to use www's.
obviously, replace site with your domain name.

Back