Optimizing a site for google.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Our most recent project at work is a complete flash site. I was wondering how one would make such a site search engine friend seeing as how there are no words anywhere on the site.

You can also put a site map in another page. Basically a text and link version of the site you have that a web spider can easily go through. Dont have to make it public, just has to be there.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Our most recent project at work is a complete flash site. I was wondering how one would make such a site search engine friend seeing as how there are no words anywhere on the site.
Meta tags or text inside
<!-/ tags -/>
:)
putting your keywords only in comment and meta tags is sure to flag a spam filter. even if that wasn't the case, that wouldn't be anywhere near enough to get any kind of rankings for any half-way competitive keyterms.
You can also put a site map in another page. Basically a text and link version of the site you have that a web spider can easily go through. Dont have to make it public, just has to be there.
a sitemap will get your pages crawled, but not necessarily indexed. and even if it gets indexed, it surely won't rank where you want it to. if the page isn't "public", then nobody will ever find it and link to it... which is currently the most important thing in SEO.

so yeah, basically what B said. if you're going to use flash, make an alternative html site with keyword rich content, keywords in title tags, and start building some inbound links to the html pages.

ha, tough shit. SEO takes a lot of effort, and you're only making it harder on yourself by using flash.

if you get enough relative sites with good link-strength linking to your site using your targeted keywords in the anchor text, then you can achieve rankings that way. but we're talking about hundereds if not thousands of links, depending on the competition of the phrase you're targeting.

on ctf, i've optimized it for SEO. it's been open for 5 days now and its already on all the major search engines, and has a few top 10 listings :p

Back