Ordered a fender off eBay...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yep. Keep doing what you're doing and escalate the case. You've got photos and receipts, that's about all that could be asked of you.

Whatever you do though, do NOT close the eBay case until you have received your refund or whatever; I had an instance a while back with a seller that said he would finally ship my item if I cancelled the escalation against him. I did, got no shipment, and was informed by eBay that once I mark the escalation/complaint as 'closed' I can't reopen it, and that it's common for shady sellers to do that in order to get out of eBay's legal obligations. In that particular instance though, luckily the seller was a dumbass and accidentally refunded my money a few days later, along with apparently every other transaction on his PayPal account from that week - I even got an email from him requesting that I re-send him the payment and that THEN he would ship my item. I offered him a nice tall glass of 'go fuck yourself'.

But, yeah. Escalate that shit, and don't close the case until it's over with and you're happy.

So if I escalate it, they take a day and decide the case, right?

More transcript:

"So did you get the part? "

"JUST GOT FENDER THOSE CRACKS DID NOT EXIST WHEN SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL LOOK AT THE SHIPPER ON MON AND GET WITH YOU..."

They were there when it arrived."

Fuck this guy it's escalated.

"The item shipped nearly a week after it's expected arrival date. Seller never marked as shipped, and the package arrived over a week late. The boxing was very insecure, and the part was visible from the "outside" of the box. The seller's description noted a few light scratches. When I opened the package there were several deep scratches, one or two being through the paint and into the plastic. There were also several cracks, one being nearly 10 inches long and showing on the visible surface of the outside of the fender. The seller was notified and told me to ship it back. Given no address I assumed the return address of the package was the correct one. I notified the seller of shipment within 1 day. Once the tracking number had denoted that the package had arrived, I inquired about it's arrival. The seller told me it had not arrived, and gave me an address to ship it back to. I informed the seller that I shipped the part back to the return address marked on the package I received. The seller proceeded to pick up the package, and when asked if it was yet received, told me that the cracks were not there when it was shipped, and that I would hear back from him on Monday. Given his track record for communication I am not confident that I will, and any damages sustained during shipment fall on him and his shipper from my understanding. At this point it is out of my hands and I would like to be refunded for the part."

If it happened during shipment, it's on him to file a claim for insurance with the carrier. Either way, he should refund you the money now as you are no longer a part of the problem. He can recoup his loss via the shipping insurance.

might i suggest car-part.com
they list all parts, typically with color and damage level
and you can sort by distance so you can find it in a local yard to go pick it up in person.

Back