Ordered a new vehicle today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16Civic

Matt
VIP
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Billet Silver. 6 speed manual transmission. Should be about 6 weeks. Hoping once I get a build date I'll be able to take a work field trip and watch it get built.

download.jpeg

Best picture I could find of the color scheme.

I feel like these things are either love or hate but it's definitely different and I dig it.

:thumbup: thank you for staying loyal to the church of the third pedal

It's a Jeep thing so I wouldn't understand, but they are pretty cool I guess
Looking forward to reviews :bdayhat:

I am thinking that will be my next truck, mainly because of the man pedal. Only bad thing is with the man pedal you can't get certain options.

I am thinking that will be my next truck, mainly because of the man pedal. Only bad thing is with the man pedal you can't get certain options.
Even if you factory order it???
I thought that was kind of the whole point behind factory ordering, to get the exact config you want.

(Legit asking, I don't know)

I thought that was kind of the whole point behind factory ordering, to get the exact config you want.

The handful of cars that offer a manual transmission only offer them on in many cases lower trim levels. You gotta order them from the factory since half the dealerships won’t stock any.

I believe both Mazda 6 and accord have 6 speed options but if you add leather to either you can only get an auto.

Same for sun roof, and I believe nav for both.

At least that’s how it was a few years ago.

Rubicon is pretty loaded. I added a few creature comforts. Leather. Heated seats and steering wheel. 3 piece hardtop. Premium audio. Proximity key.

Only thing I couldn't get is remote start. Because manual transmission.

I like it a lot. It looks strange though having the cab almost exactly in the middle of the wheelbase and not forward over the front wheels.

I can't find the article I read a few weeks ago, it had a few of the options that required an auto.

So slight update. My neighbor is the sales guy on this and he cancelled the order as they had a new inventive program. Weren't offering employee discounts before because they couldn't sell them fast enough. Sales are slowing down and now the employee discount is avaialble. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference $ wise but I'm rethinking a couple of things. Originally thought I liked black fenders and top instead of body colored but I'm not so sure now that I have a second chamce. Decided to definitely go with the dual tops instead of just the hardtop.

Looking for opinions on fender and jars top color

Last edited:
dual tops ftw!

black fenders black top as long as they are actually painted black. you know what unpainted plastic will look like in a few years...

Nice! My Frontier is stick too- and therefore not available with some options. But whoever ordered it originally got it with every option available on a stick truck.

Those things are sweet. How bad did they get you? When I saw them come out, the dealers around here had them for about $20K more than my very nice F150.

I made it a point to stay under 50 and I made it. Barely. Between the employee discount and my neighbor taking all the dealer hold back out of his end it should be just under 47. Most of the ones I found on the lot were anywhere from 52-62. The automatic is an extra 2 grand.

I made it a point to stay under 50 and I made it. Barely. Between the employee discount and my neighbor taking all the dealer hold back out of his end it should be just under 47. Most of the ones I found on the lot were anywhere from 52-62. The automatic is an extra 2 grand.
Right on. Big difference there. I bet that thing will hold its value very very well too.

they look great but like every jeep it has like no towing capacity lol the interior and engine/trans is made by mercades and is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back