original d16z6 swapping to jdm d15b vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sciVici

ok i have a 93 del sol si with an original z6 engine, long story short i threw a rod through the block. so i am going to get a jdm d15b vtec. just wanted to ask a question and what better place than "hondaswap" :lol: no just playin anways. heres my question. will it be just a straightforward swap in hook up?? or will some of the sensors be different. the people said it is the same motor as a d16z6 but they would probably say anything to sell it :lol:
so i am wanting to know if its just right in and hook up sensors?? thanks in advance for info.

you should be good to go. as welfare said, just take off your old harness (off the z6) and use it on the new engine and you should be good to go.

my harness is still in the car. i didnt unplug it from the ecu lol.

.............................................cause we all know are engine harness is directly to the ecu.....u meen the shock tower plugs man the shock tower plugs!!!!^_^ just kiddin buddy

well i got the d15b in but no start??? it will crank but it will not start. any advice?? i am going to check spark and fuel tomorrow b/c its too late now lol. can anyone tell me the firing order on the d15b?? thanks in advance.

Back