original formula (pre-ban) NyQuil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hmm. I disagree. I like DXM more than weed, alcohol, or Rx stuff. The only drawback is that when you take enough to get a 2 or 3 plateau trip, you always puke the stuff up. Sounds gross, but once you are used to the drill, it's kind of no big deal. BTW, the syrup is a shitty way to take it. That stuff usually has Guafenesin (sp?) in it which makes you really nauseas at low dosages. The Robotussin gel caps are only dxm. The other cheaper thing to do is use the syrup, but extract the dxm out of it. Thats pretty fun.

This a site that i saw when I was doing that shit for a while, Dextroverse (DXM / Dextromethorphan) : A Recreational DXM Community - Welcome

hahahahahahahahahaha ....

does that shit really work??? i never thought it was real.

It doesnt look to hard to make either :ph34r: ... haha

Been there, done that - I actually tried it once in college. I puked the shit back up it wasn't fun. Although the after effect was interesting to say the least. I can remember not feeling my extremities while listening to the entire pink floyd pulse album and having some what I thought at the time interesting thoughts. I would never do it again though.

haha if I ever did it it would just to see if it worked or not haha ...

I have always wanted to try it after that South Park episode when the trip on cough syrup to get ideas for their news broadcast lol.

I was wondering what happend!! I think I feel a cold coming on....

I didn't think the after effect the next day or two was worth it. My eyes were dilated and I felt jittery/weird. Like I said I wouldn't do it again or really recommend it.

I never really took cough medicine to get high. It just...happened I guess. I usually don't measure it, just drink it straight from the bottle of what I think is the correct amount(based on the label).

I remember being at the laundromat waiting for my cousin to finish his laundry, and had to go to work early the next morning. I had a cold or something so took some Vicks 44 that I bought across the street(with the cashier telling me how to separate whatever chemical is in there). Anyways, I was tripping while watching some basketball or football game there.

Robotussin Cough gel-caps ftw. Screw extracting, you end up leaving all the dyes in it, and it's not worth it.
what do you think makes the gel caps red? basically any of that shit has dyes in it

It's not hard to make once you get the hang of it. the longest part is standing there shaking the jug for 5 minutes straight.

Been there, done that - I actually tried it once in college. I puked the shit back up it wasn't fun. Although the after effect was interesting to say the least. I can remember not feeling my extremities while listening to the entire pink floyd pulse album and having some what I thought at the time interesting thoughts. I would never do it again though.
The after effect of the puking, or the next day? for some reason, right when i would puke it up, that's when the high would hit me hard.

I didn't think the after effect the next day or two was worth it. My eyes were dilated and I felt jittery/weird. Like I said I wouldn't do it again or really recommend it.
Yea the next day is weird, especially if you have to go outside too early when it's bright out.

I read the article of how to do that and it seems like it's more work than it's worth and all the shit you have to buy to do it.
It's only like 5 dollars worth of stuff at Walmart. Ammonia, Lighter fluid, and lemonade powder. If you buy the store brand cough syrup its a lot cheaper too. The stuff only takes like 20 minutes or so to make.

Just a warning, if you make the extraction, it seriously tastes bad. all of the ammonia/lighter fluid is gone if you do it properly, but the DXM itself tastes like shit.

I popped a nyquil last night and felt more awake, so i popped another one and wound up asleep with a cough drop in my mouth. haha

Back