Original Zelda for NES

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My girlfriend has the origina Zelda game for NES, I have never beat it before when I was young. Thought it would be easier now that I am older and smarter. I got to the last level to fight Gannon. I dont know how to beat him. I hit him with my sword over and over. He turns a brownish color after I hit him about 4-5 times. It just keeps doing that. I got the silver arrows and the red ring and everything. I dont know what to do anymore. When he turns the brownish color, nothing hurts him. I tried the arrows, bombs, my sword, whistle, boomerang, and nothing hurts him enought to kill him.

:cliffs:
*How do you beat gannon on level 9?

Uh, don't know.

just wanted to add that the original Zelda is about the only video game that I would play and enjoy :thumbsup:

My only advice to YOU specifically is....

toke it up... The answer will come to you. lol

or in my case, drink it up, Ganon will eventually get matrix on your ass

I believe that, after you make him change colors, you need to hit him with a silver arrow. 3 times maybe?

*pushes up non-existant glasses and cackles like mad*

its pretty easy.. i just beated the other month.. i got the gamecube with the free zelda collection.. anyway, with the white sword, just randomly and guessing, stab around till you hit him about 4-6 times and he should reappear and be red or whatever.. right at that moment, just shoot him with the silver arrow.. repeat if necessary.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Jan 8 2004, 12:02 PM
stab around till you hit him about 4-6 times and he should reappear and be red or whatever.. right at that moment, just shoot him with the silver arrow.. repeat if necessary.

The arrows go right through him.......

you must be doing something wrong..just keep trying to stab him and he should glow red and shoot with a silver arrow.. keep trying, if that doesnt work.. the game must be fucked

*UPDATE*

Since I know you all care so much, I was retarded and did not get the silver arrows. When I realized this I started the game over and beat the level in about 4 minutes. Now I can die a happy man (and start the second quest). :spin:

Dude you are soooo behind the power curve, I beat that game in the 5th grade...

If you want a real challenge try tackling Zeromus from FF2/4

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 8 2004, 02:44 PM
I believe that, after you make him change colors, you need to hit him with a silver arrow. 3 times maybe?

*pushes up non-existant glasses and cackles like mad*

its been about 15 years, but I think I still remember...

isnt gannon the one eyed dude? something about hitting him until he turns a diff. color then nailing him with the silver arrow.

doesnt take that long

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Jan 21 2004, 08:08 PM-->
Silverchild79
@Jan 21 2004, 05:04 PM
Zeromus from FF2/4

I have no clue what your talking about.

Ask Cal

zeromus.gif

I thought Gannon was some type of devil pig, ^^^ looks like some shit from metroid, another classic

see this is xactly what I'm talking about. I was down with the FF series from way back, he's the end boss from FF2 on the SNES (FF4 in Japan)

Back