Osprey Landing at work today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn that thing is loud

try to get a video of it leaving id love to see the vertical to horizontal switch

honestly, it wasn't loud at all. lifestar is way louder.

I didn't even hear it until it was over Cabella's. You can usually hear lifestar long before you see it.

I have no idea when it's leaving, so the odds of me getting a clip of it leaving is pretty low.

chad_lindberg.jpg

I get to see them all the time, unfortunately I can't take pictures or video or describe them in any detail. They are pretty cool, and very quiet in person, about as loud as rolling down a window at 55 when you're the only car on the road.

The Blue Angels practice for air shows over our Fort Worth office... when I'm there, I'm the only idiot looking around at the planes. To everyone else it's an every day thing.

Kinda the same way everyone who doesn't usually work at APG is with the artillery and bomb tests.

Pretty awesome platform, I do a lot of integration onto these bad boys. It's even better to see them at night because they have a green light on their rotors so when you see them in the air its likes two green halos flying through the air.

appearently it costs $10,000 per flight hour to fly. jesus.

Back