other motorsports

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

number9

Steve,

Racing is too expensive these daze to do anything other than solo/grassroots events - unless you're very rich or *really* good and can get a sponsor. But truth be told, *really* good drivers are a dime a dozen. There are a lot of very very gifted drivers looking for rides.

It's like people trying to break into Hollywood or Broadway. More supply than demand.

was this for a PM? :lol:

i used to compete in ATV racing at southwick mass motox 338 and jolly roger motor sports park in upstate NY.

best option i have seen for competitive wheel to wheel racing is ITA class or SM (spec miata) class SCCA racing.... cars for either one will cost you around $16K fully set up... racing will cost you a few hundred per event i guess .... but it seems to be the least expensive route i have seen

the honda challenge is a GREAT event.

If I had slightyl more money, a tow truck/trailer, and actually had some driving skill, I'd be all over this.

http://www.honda-challenge.com/

strict rules for parts/classes which keep things cheap and in check with other cars.

Shifter karts. $7000 buys you a used 125, and it'll pretty much keep up with an F1 car up to 100 MPH.

Back