Out goes H22A in comes B16B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asim666

Hi
i am new to this place but let me start to tell u why i am here. i bought a civic 93 sedan with the H22A setup in it but the person who had it really messed around with it. Now i was thinking of swapping it with a B16B......is this possible. Was also wondering if i had to change the tranny, axles, wiring harness and yeah since the h22a is a tight fit do i have to modify my chassis too???

yes, just about everything has to be swapped out to go from an H to a B series

do you already have the B16? if not why dont you just get another H22 to go in? It would be less time consuming and less expensive

i have h22a eg shell set up.... i going to put my b16a motor in there but how i could fix it back to B and D series mount supporter? does it worth it.... plz help

No i dont have the b16b yet and will not be getting it now either. Since i cant get the b16 to be mounted after the customisation to the chassis i am going to stick with the h22a. I would like to also know if any other motors besides the h22 and h23 can bolt up to a M2A4 transmission.

No i dont have the b16b yet and will not be getting it now either. Since i cant get the b16 to be mounted after the customisation to the chassis i am going to stick with the h22a. I would like to also know if any other motors besides the h22 and h23 can bolt up to a M2A4 transmission.

Any F-series engines (except for the S2000 ones) will bolt up as well...

what exactly is wrong with the current H22A? If its something small, just replace the parts with better parts and call it a day.

what exactly is wrong with the current H22A? If its something small, just replace the parts with better parts and call it a day.

yeah if there is a problem fix it, then build the h22, this could be cheaper for you if its not anything major and there is soooo much pontential with the H22

the problem is not with the engine its with car that it sits in.... the chassis has built up a lot of rust!! anything i could do to get rid of it??

yea keep the h22 in it and take it to a body shop ... might cost a lil bit but get it fixed and repainted make it look good, unless you want to keep it a sleeper

Thanks a lot man ..... So, i guess i'm going to keep the h22 in the sedan.
Thanks to all for your advises and suggestions!!!

good decision. I'd just get w/e needs to be fixed, fixed. Then maybe rims/stereo/spoiler or w/e ur into.

H22a in a civic is fast enough already imho.

yeah id just get everything fixed up h22a makes plenty of power no reason to go spend more money on another swap

Back