out of turbo already

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver

Well, injectors are on and fuel management is working fine. However, I've ALREADY maxed this turbo, and only at 28 lbs/min of airflow too instead of the ~35 I was hoping for. For the record this is on a 95 GSX with a big T28. Sure I should be satisfied though, with that kind of airflow I'm making a good 250-280 awhp based on other logs I've seen of AWD DSMs...

But when are we ever satisfied? It's time for a bigger turbo 300 awhp or bust :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, injectors are on and fuel management is working fine. However, I've ALREADY maxed this turbo, and only at 28 lbs/min of airflow too instead of the ~35 I was hoping for. For the record this is on a 95 GSX with a big T28. Sure I should be satisfied though, with that kind of airflow I'm making a good 250-280 awhp based on other logs I've seen of AWD DSMs...

But when are we ever satisfied? It's time for a bigger turbo 300 awhp or bust :ph34r:
I hope this isn't a daily driver.. 35 psi??

RRRRRROoooooooooommmmmmmOOOOOOOAAAAAAA BANG!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
only at 28 lbs/min of airflow too instead of the ~35 I was hoping for.

lbs/min is NOT psi.

cfm is volume.
psi is pressure.

apples and oranges

and we aren't making juice

Fucking hilarious. Quite possibly info-worthy.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
only at 28 lbs/min of airflow too instead of the ~35 I was hoping for.

lbs/min is NOT psi.

cfm is volume.
psi is pressure.

apples and oranges

and we aren't making juice

:laugh:

good stuff

18g doesn't need another manifold, but more power can be made from the evo 3 16g's that are so popular now. I have about 1200 to blow maybe, looking towards a 50 trim variant and some cams, that should be good for 50% more airflow easily eh. 370+ awhp or bust now :ph34r:

The key is that they're both mitsu flanged. 18g's will most likely use the TD05H turbine housing, which definitely bolts on to a 2g manifold. You may have heard that 16g/18g/20g/25g's don't bolt on to the 2g's in general, but that's due to the turbos firing upward and the difference in oil feed configurations.

this thread is full of various amounts of ownage.

stick with your subarus, nissans, and hondas kids :)

Quoted post[/post]]
this thread is full of various amounts of ownage.

stick with your subarus, nissans, and hondas kids :)

Oh god no.

Also, regardless of the whole "I have torque" argument, and the fact that this is a Honda forum, I have this to say:

Honda Rocks out on the collective faces of Subaru, Nissan, Toyota and just about anything else.

Don't believe me? Motor Trend does :)

no no nothing to do with that. it was more of a general mitsu knowledge ownage.

but this IS a honda forum, so... you know.

thats why i generally avoid posting here. if it aint a chevy small block (or in some occasions a big block)....i stick to honda.

Holset is beyond what I want right now, and will cost more to me in the end through needing the turbine housing, turbo itself, external, redo my exhaust etc. I had been looking at T04E 50 trim hybrid turbos but eventually decided on an Evo III 16g.

OEM quality and has been recorded to flow upwards of 44 lbs/min propelling full weight 2g AWD's into the 11.5-11.8 range :mrgreen:

More updates as I get shit in.
Sucks realizing you just dropped a grand into your car (yes yes you've all spent more, but I'm in college and now broke, again).

Back