out of turbo already

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, I've bought the turbo for a grand total of 602.85 after shipping, and everything I need for a FMIC setup for 329.83 after shipping.

After selling parts I'm recovering about 675, so net spent: 257.68

I'll be busy this winter, and we'll see what kind of airflow I get with this sucker. Then to the track come..march/april?

Well, parts are in, and a good 8 months later I've got everything set to where I can run more boost. Unfortunately, going from 15 to 20 psi net me a whopping 2 lbs/min more airflow so there is a problem somewhere, likely a metering issue, boost leak (possibly), etc. Either way, thought I'd let people know in case anyone was interested.

Turns out the culprit was a misadjusted TPS (throttle position sensor). ECU saw 70% throttle max, it was way far off. Adjusted it mechanically then through my engine management and the airflow jumped from 30 lbs/min to 34 lbs/min. Car pulls like a rocket ship now. All that's left is to get my wideband installed, tune it, and find a way to add more boost be it meth/water injection or some C16! There's one AWD dyno in the area and I'll be a monkey's uncle before I pay what they're asking to make a couple of pulls. Track numbers will come this spring, including numbers with both the 2 step and 3 step in action!

They make T4's in a DSM flange and the 18G in a DSM flange. The 18G has a 50trim compressor wheel but still the tiny T28/T25 exhaust housing. Get the T4E :)

No I just don't come here often. The TPS was never a major issue, although I suppose I should have thought of it sooner when I was noticing my airflow getting choked.

They make T4's in a DSM flange and the 18G in a DSM flange. The 18G has a 50trim compressor wheel but still the tiny T28/T25 exhaust housing. Get the T4E :)
Next turbo will actually be a PTE SCM5031RLE or a GT3076R in a T3 flange mated to a cast Turbonetics manifold with a Tial 38 rerouted.

Back