out with the d, in with the B help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

huyh4xorz

I have a 95 del sol with a b18 replacing the old d16. When I get the new engine in and begin to buy the intake, exhaust, headers, etc, under which specifications will I buy under; the del sol, or the integ. Meaning, if you were to go to a website right now and buy the above stuff for my car, do you click the drop down menu for a 1995 honda del sol or something else for example.:mellow:

I apologize for the redundancy, I am fairly new to modding and tuning, if that's what one would call it.

Well if you have a motor from an Integra and you wanted to buy engine parts wouldnt you buy parts for an Integra? ;)

depends on the part... if it is for or connected to the engine, it will be for the car the engine is from
if it is for or connected to the car, it will be for the car

for example:
intake - engine
header - engine (side note: im pretty sure the GSR header is shorter than the LS or ITR model and will require a longer cat... but you can use any integra header so you dont really need to worry about that)
exhaust - car

obviously anything that goes inside the engine/tranny, like clutch, cams, cam gears, flywheel, LSD, etc... will be for the engine/tranny

stuff like suspension components, brakes, etc will be for the car (unless you swap shit from another vehicle like ITR LCAs or a brake swap from an integra or something)

some things will not fall smoothly into those guidelines... but for the basics that should put you in the right direction.... if you ever have questions or are unclear of what you should get, by all means throw a question up here and we should be able to help you out

Back