Out with the old and in with the new

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

So after waiting for MR.UPS man to bring my new HKS hi-power exhaust to me it finally arrived thursday. Today with the nice weather I got a chance to throw it on.

This was the exhaust that came on the car :dry: atleast it was 2.25" piping but it was all hacked up. A magnaflow muffler was at the end of the piping(but not in picture), a stock muffler is in the pic due to having to pass emissions :mad: the day before
gallery_33136_559_20971.jpg

The whole exhaust is very nicely put together. It has 3/8" exhaust flanges with a 1/2" flang for the cat. The pipping is 55mm in diameter with a black coating which is connected to a SUS304 muffler that has a 95mm tip. The exhaust also came with all nuts/bolts and gaskets making it easy to install without having to get nuts/bolts from the local hardware store. Although you might want to get longer bolts for the cat flange 'cuz of the thicker HKS flange.
gallery_33136_559_7510.jpg

gallery_33136_559_6970.jpg

A look from the back after finished
gallery_33136_559_25803.jpg

So after driving around for over a half hour I have come to the conclusion that I LOVE this exhaust :mrgreen: Nice smooth deep tone not raspy at all. The tone doesn't really change at all through the RPM's it just gets louder, thats unlike my magnaflow muffler with 2.25" piping which had a higher pitched tone in the upper RPM range. At idle the HKS has a quite hum compared to Magnaflow which had a noticable louder hum. Now i am not trashing Magnaflow, they make a great sounding muffler but the HKS Hi-power just sounds alot sweeter in my opinion.

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera has been acting strange

You have now experienced the advantage of a mandrel bent SS exhaust system.

Custom pipe jobs from the local muffler shop suck in every way. They dont flow as well (kinked pipes), they rust, and they sound like ass (i dont care what muffler you put on it).

Glad you like it . . however you still wont pass MA emissions so keep ur old exhaust for next year!

Actually, you could pass emissions (my Thermal R&D on my old civic smogged just fine) but no MA insp. shop in the state will pass you b/c exhausts are "illegal".

Ya in MA any form of an "aftermarket exhaust" is illegal. As far as for passing the state inspection, my friend is about to buy a hatch that has a stock exhaust so i can borrow that for next years day of inspection :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Ya in MA any form of an "aftermarket exhaust" is illegal. As far as for passing the state inspection, my friend is about to buy a hatch that has a stock exhaust so i can borrow that for next years day of inspection :)

Why not just keep yours? Its that easy.

Just find a guy that you can slip a $20. PASSED
Easy, done.

HKS makes some awesome shit. THere is an evo running around with a Hi-Power and it sounds pretty good, deep. I just HAATTTTEEE exhausts that look like that, espeically on a honda where you can see the whole muffler, it just kinda looks.... out of place.

but hey, aslong as its better, more power to ya.

Haha yeah it makes it look faster than it really is.

Back