outlook for worst housing markets for 09

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fairfax county has no breathalyzer.
unfortunately i'm used to annual safety inspections/emmissions, coming from utah. gotta admit thats the time of year i do many repairs.
anacostia is usually murder capital of world.
yeah you can get jail for 20+ mph or double mph. MD is much nicer about speeders, esp on 495.
VDOT is dumb. roads change name every county/city, everything named after Lee. road signs in non contrasting colors. trees overgrow the signs. signs in small print.
you know what they say of DC, designed so invaders can't get out/in.
bad drivers here for sure, prob cause we can all afford cars ;) and fearless pedestrians. and ppl from countries w/ no cars come and learn here for 1st time, fun.
fob knobs (steering wheel)
all the MD news i see is bad news. red line suicide. lady that painted her car in fingernail polish.
VA roads aren't the best maintained, but fun to drive-hilly, corners, etc.
i'll check out anne arundel. i do like bethesda. for VA i like arlington and alexandria, anything closer than lorton or fairfax is good. baltimore and richmond suck.
US 1 is pretty sketch.

Screw inspections, MD it's a ONE TIME deal. once it's done, you NEVER have to do it again unless the title changes hands, if it's passed down as a gift to a family member you also don't have to have it inspected.

NVA really does lack backroads, where I live I can hit a nice backroad in about 1 minute. and there's 23948098234 others that all connect to each other, I work 25 minutes away and can take 3 different ways that are all about the same time, highway, backroads 1 backroads 2, If 97 is for some reason backed up (almost never) I can jump off it and hit the backroads VS sitting on 495.....

News is nothing more then news, I have zero issue with the idea of mh GF walking around my neighborhood at any time, from 12pm to 4am. In fact people walk their dogs 24/7 here, at any time you can drive around and find people walking the sidewalks here. PG makes up for a big chunk of crime here as with some Bmore areas.

Since you say you like bethesda, there's no way you'd like it in Anne Arundel county, its a county where you can still feel like you're away from the city but still make it to the metro in 15-20 mines or Downtown baltimore, if you like bethesda then you def want NVA Pax area. don't even bother looking in Anne Arundel county.

YouTube - Powerlab 350Z drive by

This video was taken right down the street from me. about 1.5 miles from my house, There's LOTS of roads just like that all over AA county. smooth, rarly any potholes and lots of ups, downs, and turns.

I just like the fact that I'm back away from stuff, its not loud here, there's not a lot of traffic and if I want to do DC or Baltimore both are a short drive away, plus there's lots of shopping within 15-25 minutes from Columbia, Annapolis, the Mills and so on. Clearly not like NVA where you can drive all of .5 miles and get to a chitload of stores, but its nice having some distance.

i can appreciate urbania and the country. it is great to have country living near city living like AA. DC and VA def don't have that. the one-time inspection must save lots on fees and repairs. VA taxing depreciating property is lame-o.
good thing about MD, bob and tom morning show reception.

Last edited:
Back