over 100 mph ticket...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaMoCo

On friday me and my girlfriend were driving to laughlin from Palmdale California, and on the I-40 E. we were coming down a hill and i didnt notice my speed, then i seen flashing lights...then i got a ticket for 104 in a 70...turned my weekend to shit, the crappy thing is the whole trip were cruising at roughly 75-80 and everyone else is flying by us doin 95-100 plus, it was just on that damn hill.

and what im seeing in articles is scaring the shit out of me about punishments, i should go to court to talk to the judge and see if i could plea it down or something, but i live like 200 miles away from where i got the ticket. :(

has anyone got a ticket like this before in California or any States?? What was your fine/punishment?? The whole time i was in laughlin i was drinkin a grip and betting my ass off to try and win big to pay off, what im afraid is going to be a huge ticket (brought $280 went up,down,up,down and left with $240, not bad for a whole weekend of solid gambling :D )

the worst part is on the way back I didnt go over 70, and then theres all these fuckers just flyin by me on the open road like im riding a bike or some shit.

thanks for any help

If i was going 104 and i saw the little flashy lights i would give some thought into putting it in 4th and hoping you dont have a governor

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Mar 7 2004, 11:44 PM
If i was going 104 and i saw the little flashy lights i would give some thought into putting it in 4th and hoping you dont have a governor

That's the dumbest thing ev4r. Police cars may not be fast, but radios and roablocks are.

baaaaahahhahaha! pwnd.

sorry. but yeah thats why the speedometer is right in front of you. :)

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Mar 8 2004, 08:47 AM-->
H22AdelSol
@Mar 7 2004, 11:44 PM

That's the dumbest thing ev4r. Police cars may not be fast, but radios and roablocks are.

I want to say he meant to slow down quickly without using the brakes (lights), in hopes the cop would thik he is mistaken, but I am not in his head sooo... maybe not.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 8 2004, 04:17 AM-->
Originally posted by dohch22a4@Mar 8 2004, 08:47 AM
H22AdelSol
@Mar 7 2004, 11:44 PM

I want to say he meant to slow down quickly without using the brakes (lights), in hopes the cop would thik he is mistaken, but I am not in his head sooo... maybe not.

I'm thinking he meant to drop it into fourth and floor it hoping your top speed is higher than that of the Crown Vic cruiser that would soon be riding your ass with a piece of paper saying "YOU'RE FUCKED OVER, BITCH." :)

Yea most cop cars a pretty fast. Yet they will never chase you at full speed. Usually call for more cops, then helicopters. Don't you watch police chases.

Don't they have driving school in california where you can bring down the ticket or points? Unlike here your pretty much stuck with what you get unless your license gets suspended.

Originally posted by Incredib1e@Mar 8 2004, 09:18 AM
Don't you watch police chases.

You also never see someone running from a cop in a fast car in those shows. You only see Jim- Bob drunk off his ass in his '82 GMC 1500 pick'emup. The rare time you see someone in a modified Honda, it's some riceboy dipshit that spent all his time at the drag strip instead of the road course that can't turn worth a shit. Put me in a stock '91 CRX Si on a twisty road and I *PROMISE* you I'll be able outrun the cop.

Why?

Because I'm Loco Honkey, bitch.

you cocky mofo- haha

actually i got a 110 ticket in a 45 once- But it was in a state park and it was a park ranger that pulled me over so all i ended up with was a 140 dollar fine- Park rangers own me- that was the first day i got the old prelude and yeah it actually could go 110- that was my story

yea im pretty worried, i think im going to get one of those "how to get out of a ticket" books. anyone ever had anyluck with those. The only thing i really feel like i have going for me is that it seemed pretty common for people to cruise at these speeds, but then again that could be to my disadvantage.

well, my freind in a 5.0 mustang was doing kinda a highspeed run down the highway, when he sees a cop in the corner of his eye facing the other way. He thought about slowing down but relized that if he slowed down, the cop for sure would get him. Here in michigan, we have no front licience plates so the cop did not know who he was. Just kepted on going, saw the lights turn on in the distance. Since he was moving at a buck 30+, by the time the cop turned around, he was a half mile down the road. Got off at the the nearest exit, and he went on scott free.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Mar 8 2004, 06:46 PM-->
Incredib1e
@Mar 8 2004, 09:18 AM
Don't you watch police chases.

You also never see someone running from a cop in a fast car in those shows. You only see Jim- Bob drunk off his ass in his '82 GMC 1500 pick'emup.

There's that one of the Vette that clips the back of a semi, and another of a old Mustang or something running off the side of the road at a bridge into a tree.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 8 2004, 11:41 AM
There's that one of the Vette that clips the back of a semi, a tree.

Ya, I remember that one. The dude was going like 160 and hit the semi and flipped the car. He got out of the car and accually ran from the cops!!

I remember one episode of wildest police chases where they were chasing an ex cop, so he had some driving skill... They had a heck of a time catching him. I would think anyone with some competition driving experience would have a much better chance of getting away, or at least evading them for much longer.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Mar 8 2004, 04:01 PM
I would think anyone with some competition driving experience would have a much better chance of getting away, or at least evading them for much longer.

heck yea, some places where there are some twisty roads like some of the country roads in Kentucky, Colorado, some parts of New York, some with good driving skills from a road course, and a semi modded suspension could easily out run cop cars. ITR >>>>>Crown Vic in the twisties.

Once the cop car gets out of site, swing off into a long driveway, stop real quick, and turn off the car.

Anyone into "The Hire" bmw films? The star is a great example, and that is in newyork.

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Mar 8 2004, 02:21 PM
i think im going to get one of those "how to get out of a ticket" books. anyone ever had anyluck with those.

Yeah, and they all say the same thing- "Don't fucking speed, you stupid inbred meatslapper. That is how to get out of tickets."

consider yourself lucky, in CT any speed violation 30 miles over the postes speed limit is a reckless driving charge, they tow your car and take your liscence.

I had a ticket for 85 in a 55 in New York State and the ticket was only $90.

got me coming down a hill as well.

also, even tho others were flying by you when you were doin 80ish, well you can't catch all the fish in the sea.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Mar 8 2004, 02:52 PM-->
@Mar 8 2004, 11:41 AM
There's that one of the Vette that clips the back of a semi, a tree.

Ya, I remember that one. The dude was going like 160 and hit the semi and flipped the car. He got out of the car and accually ran from the cops!!

It was a black C4 and no he didn't get up and run. He got thrown from the car gonig 120 mph when it hit. He flew out of the car and laid there until the cops slapped the cuffs on him.

Back