over advance?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rpmraper

i put a new td 52u distributor ( 92 f22 accord distributor) in yesterday, it bolts up fine my backfire went away, no more stumble either..BUT i have to waaaayyy over advance it in order for it to run good..when i advance it its good to go, no overheat no cel nothing..my question is, is that bad for the car? it runs and drives good no problems with it at all so far i drove it prob 50 miles and its fine..also do you have a break in period on new distributors?:confused:

not too sure about break in period but as far as the engine being over advanced i dont' see it being a prob as long as you aren't having any prob with the car. when you advance the timing all you are doing is firing the spark plug before it reaches top dead center. The faster your engine spins the more your engine advances. hows the gas mileage, idle, acceleration, etc. If it works, awesome.

so far all of it is good man, it runs like the day i swaped it yesterday..idk about the gas milage yet like i said i only drove it fifty miles, i was just wanting to check and see if it would damage the engine at all in ANY way..

could i compensate for it if i retard it but also turn my idle screw up to get the right idle? its advanced almost all the way it will go.. could i have put the distributor in wrong?

Back