Over heating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
My 94 daily driver keeps blowin radiator caps and gets hot then comes back down to temp. I figured it was the thermostat. anyone else have this problem. possibly the fan switch?

have you flushed the cooling system? your coolant may be shot. replace the thermostat, if that doesn't cure the problem flush the coolant out and replace it with some new stuff but make sure you flush the sedimentout of the cooling system with some filtered water.

ooo.... never thought of that. that is a definate yes. replace that bad boy. props cstang for catchin that one.

Yeah i flushed it, it was mud brown color with bogers and what not in it. (dont know how it got like that.) and a new thermostat so it should be alright now

i thought a flush would take care of it. if you have any more issus with it just ask and we'll help.

And if your problem still persists than +2 on the water pump.

it is possible if the head gasket is somehow covering the coolant chanels... but i don't think that is the case. did you do all the things to the car that we suggested? do those first to make sure that none of those is the problem.

got it

when i did the head gasket i had it machined but not checked to see if it was cracked, and it is.:( so the head gets to come back off.

i had the same problem matter of fact still have the same problem changed my head gasket but car is still overheating now it dont wanna even start anybody got any tips mayb my head is cracked

did you have the head milled and checked for cracks. they didnt check mine and i guess its cracked cause itll blow bubbles out of the radiator, it looks like its boiling but its not even warm. put a new thermostat in it if that doesnt help, then check out the head.

neva looked at the radiator because i got it changed round the same time i did my head gasket and thermostat.. if the head was craked wouildnt the car start still

Back