overall best swap in the EG chassis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah the b18c is easyier to swap, but i would have to say k20 also. alittle harder but its so worth everything, here are a site is you want to think about the k20
www.k20a.org

yes you can run 8lbs on 10.4:1. tuning. WRX from factory is 10.5:1 with like 12psi i think.

i'm still a huge H22 fan. and driving wont be anyworse then the stock civic. especially with adjusted spring rate.

i personally am putting one in a 93 CX. screw AC. and there is still enough room for a turbo kit :D custom of course. and why do you need "super high revs" eh. K20 would be cool, but i think money wise, i'd rather do the H22 and spend the rest of the money on fun stuff. H22 + type-s psitons + top coating + 100 shot + tuning = hell yes.

so you are saying that i can run 8 psi of boost on a stock b16 engine where the cr is like 10.4:1?? i was told to go down to 8.8:1

Found this in my friends Modified Mag yesterday and it explains the boost and cr better then i could...well not really i guess, lol.

A small turbo on a high compression motor will spool too quickly and produce a lot of torque and cause high cylinder pressure that might stress the internals of the motor too much. A larger turbo that comes on boost a little higher in the RPM range will produce more peak horsepower but less torque. The lower cylinder pressure from this reduced torque will keep reliablity up.

10.4:1 cr with 8lbs of boost will pwn 8.8:1 cr with 8lbs of boost...BUT if you go high cr with boost be sure to upgrade internals for shizzle or you WIll blow your motor all to hell....unless you're running rediculously low boost, lol.

i have a 93 dx hatch and i say keep the motor you got and boost it to the fullest. im lookin for around 200hp on your motor with a vafc at around 8psi. if you do some internal work and chip it. you will def be up there with the the c1s and c5s but with alot more money in your pocket.

:worthy: d series

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jul 25 2004, 11:01 PM-->
B18C1
[post=368028]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: That is the motor I will be swapping into an EG or EK hatch and boosting sometime in the distant future.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jul 25 2004, 11:38 PM
what the hell is a b18c3?
[post=368054]Quoted post[/post]​

The B18c3 is the 96 JDM ITR motor. The reference section ownz j00.

nismogod
@Aug 6 2004, 04:29 PM
WRX from factory is 10.5:1 with like 12psi i think.
[post=373518]Quoted post[/post]​

Factory EJ20s are boosted at 14.2 psi. I don't remember what the CR is though.

if you can afford a c5/c-r you can probally afford a k20a swap. i think the b18c goes for around how much a k20a type-r goes for, around 5g

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Aug 13 2004, 09:36 PM
if you can afford a c5/c-r you can probally afford a k20a swap.  i think the b18c goes for around how much a k20a type-r goes for, around 5g
[post=376674]Quoted post[/post]​

Yet if he eventually boosts it the B18 will last longer than the K20. Every K20 I've seen boosted thus far (the one Hasport did which was in SCC among others) has blown up.

Originally posted by nonemulatory@Jul 25 2004, 07:37 PM
im looking to drop my 1.5L d15b engine for a more powerful and faster engine ... i was wondering what was everyones opinions on which engine is the best to swap too ... im looking for something thats going to be a daily driver but still be able to push the HP numbers up into the 250-300 range ... ive heard the H22A and B18c1 engines preform rather well under boost in the EG chassis ... but that the H22A weighed 85lbs more overall than the B18c1 ... i know the H22A comes with 210hp and the b18c1 with 170hp ... but can you make the GSR engine swap faster and more reliable than the H22A?
[post=368009]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought the H22A put out 190 to the crank?

Anyways I would go with the B18C1.

Back