Overboosting....please help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what map sensor are you using? stock? or gm 3-bar?

I am using my OEM B17a Map sensor. The sensor has 5V-PS 22 etched on top. I actually have a spare. Is there any other types on OEM map sensors or do the Honda B series engines all use the same MAP sensor (5V-PS 22) style????

Do you think that my problem could be map sensor related, even though I am not getting a MAP sensor code???

:worthy:

not necessarily.... but since you are running 10 psi, and the stock map sensor is only good for 10.65 psi, i just wanted to make sure.

as far as i know, all obd1/2 map's are the same, and limited to 10.65 psi and obd0's are limited to 9.5-ish psi

If I get a GM 3 bar map sensor...how do I wire it up??? Do I completly eliminate the OEM map sensor and wire up the GM 3 bar map. If you have a picture or a diagram, that would be awesome!!!!

I left my factory map sensor in place since it seals the throttle body. Then I took a vacuum line off my JG Edelbrock intake (that doesn't cause CE codes ;)) and ran it to the 3 bar MAP. Then you wire up the 3 BAR as shown on Hondata's page Here

yup- pretty much what scott said.

just swap a vacuum line over to the 3-bar, and unplug the stock sensor. wire in the 3-bar.

physically, the 3 bar is much bigger than the oem, so you cna't just swap them out. you can't really remove the stock one either, cuz then you'd have a hole in your manifold :)

Remember in your Hondata you have to burn a new ROM selecting 3 bar or it'll run piggy fat rich.

Back